Story Lala's Collection of Writings (Please do not post)

Zaruslala

"The time for the feast has come again."

Yue heard her master murmuring the said line that the night before, when she delivered yet another terribly expensive bottle of liquor for his drunken majesty. As she opened the door, a thick scent of alcohol assaulted her nose, making it a considerable effort on her part to stay still and not gag. Wooden panel vaulted above her head, with iridescent silks hanging low from the beam, lazily dancing in the night breeze. Stacks of empty bottles has been put aside the low desk, which sat on the edge of the folding paper-door.

On the other side of the door lay her master, half-drunk, gazing at the night scenery that unfurled below the outer courtyard. He was wearing a traditional robe of pale lilac hue, which contrasted starkly with his silken locks of black hair that hung lazily past his waist. His obsidian eyes had a foggy look as they glazed absently over the scenery beyond. She, barely resisting the urge to take out her phone and snap a picture, watched the scene unfold with a mix of concern and resignation.

[Vignette] New
I hunger for glimpses of love like one hungers for sustenance, drowning myself in a lake of illusions and pathetic make-believe, licking cherries on the edge of a knife and saying thank you anyway, tongue bleeding. all to wrap myself in a net of self-restraint, where all the threads are paper and breakable upon contact. But it’s in abundance anyway, so it does slow my fall as I gasp for air and try helplessly to regain my balance.

[Poetry] New
Purification through pain
Purification through anger
Burning hot, searing needle
To puncture the rotten,
Festering infections,
Taken roots under you skin
For years and years
Burn them
Burn those blackened roots
with entangling, putrid fruits

Find peace in the pain,