• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lakeside

"Yeah, I guess." Indie shrugged, watching as he grabbed a cart. "Drinks first?" She asked, guiding him down to the drinks isle. Personally, she never drunk and they weren't accompanied by an adult. So she skipped past that and headed down to look at soft drinks. She grabbed her favourite Cream Soda, Coke Cola and Lemonade before looking back at Cam. "Anything else? If not, then we'll grab some food." She dumped the drinks in the cart, moving onto the next bit. She grabbed as many crisp packets, sweets and marshmallows as she could. "I won't eat them, but is there anything anyone else would want?" She asked.

Cara continued to unpack as Sky spoke, gnawing on the inside of her cheek. "No no, it's fine. You kinda have a right to know, I suppose," she assured, nodding, as she still jammed her clothes into the drawers. "Well," she began. She inhaled, then let out the breath heavily. "It's hard to say. The purpose I'm looking for is kinda hell-bent on staying away from me." Her lips curled into a weak smile and she cast a brief glance at Sky, fingers mechanically refolding a t-shirt. "How about you? Your art's probably going well in the tattoo-world."

Skygge nodded slowly, not really sure what to think about the information. Right now he just stored it in the back of his mind, it would probably come back at night, keeping him up at night. His smile was just as weak as hers as she asked for his art. "Yeah, it all would be easier if Stephan was not breathing down my neck, pushing me to do stuff I don't want" He spoke, rolling his eyes only at the thought of his stepdad. He pulled his now empty bag from the bed, kicking it underneath it, before letting himself fall back on it. "I have a contract now with a tattoo shop and I still find it hard to believe that people actually request my art and only mine" His lips had curled up into a more honest smile. It would still take ages before Stephan, that stupid excuse for a stepdad, would understand that this art and his connection to the tattoo world was more than just a hobby. He turned his face to look at Cara. "Open up the sketchbook next to you, you will see my latest work. I could inspired by the music as always" He said sounding confident, yet there was some anxiousness in his eyes. "It is very rough, but I want you to see it" He never let any one look at his work in progress, but for every rule there was an exception and Caroline was that exception. It started back when they had met them and their friendship had gotten more solid, maybe even when they had started seeing each other on a more serious base. She seemed to understand him, more than anyone ever had. Like she allowed him to listen to her music, he in return asked her thoughts on his art, whether they were done or still in progress.

Cam just followed Indie as she threw drinks, food, snacks, and more into the cart. He wasn't prepared for all of the kinds of food and drink. Definitely going to have to work out hard to keep that off. Shaking his head he chuckled in disbelief, "No I think you're covering all of your bases here with drinks." Then they made their way over to the snacks and although they were delectable looking treats, he needed to control himself. "Just some chocolate, really. I think that's going to be important for the cabin." He hoped she didn't remember his sweet tooth, he liked at least a little bit of chocolate once a day but since he has to stay fit, he only has chocolate every few days. Right now his craving was killing him.

Cara scoffed at the mention of Stephan. There wasn't much to admire about that man. She found a small smile touching her expression as he spoke so fondly of his tattooing and artwork, happy to hear he was getting the credit he deserved for his talents and hard work. He earned it. Caroline's smile grew as he told her to open the sketchbook, though the nervousness in his eyes was unmistakable. Reaching out to the sketchbook, she flipped it open, sorting through the pages to find his most recent drawing. A familiar woman, clothed in a gothic, corseted dress, sat atop a tombe or grave. Her fingers hovered over the unfinished artwork in fascination, and the sudden realization that the she was the woman scorched her cheeks red. She looked back up at Sky with a tender smile. "It's beautiful."

Indie nodded. "I think I'm going running every morning for the rest of my life if I eat any amount of this stuff." She chuckled, piling most of it into the trolley. "Let's go pay for this." She suggested, heading through the aisles. As they passed the Cafe Indie had an idea. Nah, should I? I'll get rejected... she shook her head to herself. Well, you only live once..? She sighed, motioning toward the cafe. "Wanna grab a quick coffee? Or drink or whatever?" she suggested. "I'm quite thirsty considering I haven't drunk since... I think this morning when I fell down the stairs... and that was only a few sips..." she chuckled.

Cam playfully nudged her, "You wouldn't need to run if you ate all of it. You should enjoy it too. I'll be running and working out anyway if you want a buddy." Did you really just offer that without thinking? It would be nice though. He followed her through the aisles toward the check out when she asked about the cafe. He was surprised and loved the idea since it would give him more time with her. "Sure, I'd love to." He shook his head and ran his hand through his short hair with a sigh of small disappointment. "You definitely need something to drink then, get two. You're going to make me worry myself sick if you don't take care of yourself, you know. Then you'll get annoyed with me trying to take care of you and I don't want you to ever be annoyed with or hate me."

His darkbrown eyes didn't leave the girls face as he tried to read her expression as she looked at the drawing. He noticed the fascination and admoration as she looked at it and he knew without looking down at her hand that her finger was tracing the lines and details. His grin had gotten bigger as her cheeks suddenly burned up red. "Not as beautiful as the real version of it" He replied with a loving smile. He knew how to pick his words with women and in bars he had gotten countless phone numbers, from not only women by the way. He had never done anything with the numbers, or the involved woman or man, though there were a lot of rumors in his home town. This time however the words had gotten out before he had thought of it and they were true. He gotten up from the bed as he felt some heat on his own cheeks. "Maybe we should join the rest down stairs?" He suggested, though he really didn't want to leave the room. They had always been a bit more closed off from the group and it just felt bad to already to that, unintentional, again at their big get back together.

Indie chuckled, flipping her hair down her back. She pushed her bangs back slightly, with a slight smile. "That's... good to know." she glanced at him, before she got into the queue. She nodded, planning to get them both one. And then he went on rambling about how he'd be worrying over her, or taking care of her. Or whatever. In all honesty, Indie had zoned out at the point she was obliged to note she could care for herself. Better than someone else, she expected. She stayed listening to hear his add that he'd never want her to hate him. "Well, start with understanding I care for myself better than anyone else cares for me, or ever has. I know my fears, my distastes, my boundaries. And I'm not afraid to be afraid of my limits, nor afraid to push them." she explained, barely looking at him as she ordered the drinks - arms folded across her chest.

He followed behind her in the line as he fixed his jacket. Keeping his hands in his pocket he waited silently as she ordered. Then the words he heard come from her mouth made him realized he'd gone too far. Ever has? Ouch, that explains things I guess. He wasn't going to argue with her, she had to be right. She was talking from her own experience, after all. Besides the fact that she chose to not drink anything today. Bad idea. He let out a sigh as he ran his hand though his hair, "Fine. Understood. I'll go grab a table." He quickly left the line to go to one of the open tables in the area. He kept the cart close by and played on his phone to keep himself from choking up. That interaction hurt him, he went too far and he knew it. Time to tone it down. His foot was nervously tapping as his anger at himself grew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indie shrugged to herself. He has to understand, I have been here a day and he thinks that a few stairs can break me. She told her self, But did I have to be so harsh? I'm such an idiot. She sighed, paying for the drinks, before heading back to the table. It took her a few moments to seek him out, but she was soon seated opposite him. The girl smiled, handing him his coffee. "You owe me some." she chuckled."Nah I'm just kidding." she laughed, sipping her drink as she awaited his reaction.

Cam barely looked up from his phone with a forced smile as she sat, "Thanks." Leaning to one side, he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket, opened it, and grabbed a $50 bill then tossed it onto the table in front of her with a quick, "Here, for the drink and the other things you got." He took a sip of his drink to hide the fact that he wasn't in the mood to laugh, though it was probably blatantly obvious. He wasn't sure what to do or say now, he was too scared to make her even angrier at him. He's always been terrible at hiding his emotions like this, his foot still tapping almost silently under the table.

India smiled "Oh, ok..." She slipped the money into her back pocket. She paused, an unusually uncharasmatic silence settling between them. The girl forced a chuckle. "I was kidding. You didn't have to pay me." She smiled noticing how quiet he was. Something was afoot. Indie tilted his face up with one finger. A look of concern flashed in her eyes. "What's the matter?" She asked quietly.

Cam could hear the difference of tone in her voice but he wasn't sure why the change occurred. The tension of the silence between them was uncomfortable, and he was thankful that the silence was broken by her chuckle. He simply answered, "I wanted to." Suddenly the light pressure of her finger was bringing his face upward and their eyes met, "N-nothing." He managed out before blushing as he quickly tried to look away. That's not fair. Following up with a slightly higher pitched innocent naivety, "Why?"

Indie sighed, shaking her head. She let her hand fall back to clasp her drink - sipping the hot drink lightly. "You went quiet. I think I snapped at you." She explained, pushing a hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry. I mean, I've spent so long fending off the sexism and the stuff people throw at me that I've never had anyone care for me much. It's easier that way." She looked down at her drink, letting the warmth fill flush her face. "But you're a guy. You're talented. You wouldn't understand, I'd bet." she added. That was her worst trait, going to far. Alienating herself from others. And as soon as she did, she knew it. "I mean.... not like that. I-" she stammered before falling quiet.

Cara's expression softened at his words, feeling a lump rise in her throat as her eyes began to mist over, smiling tenderly. "Thank you," she nearly whispered, and allowed her gaze to linger on Sky for a moment more before it dropped to her lap. She admired the picture again up until Sky had spoke. She snapped her head up. "Oh, yeah! That'd probably be a good idea," she replied, nodding a bit too enthusiastically, before she stood. In all honesty, she'd felt a pang of regret for not spending more time downstairs with the others - this whole thing was thrown together so that the group could be reunited, after all. Tilting her head towards the door, she gestured to it. "Lead the way."

Cam watched her pull away, looking disappointed. Did I say something wrong? His worries were cleared up as she explained, sitting up straight and sipping his coffee as he listened to her. "Don't be sorry, I went too far and made you feel the need to respond that way. I'm sorry for it, I can't help myself from worrying about people I care deeply about." He looked her in the eye, "I just want to see you happy, Indie." Relaxing and sitting back, he watched her discomfort grow as she looked down. "I may be a guy, but I have to face different things that people 'throw' at me." He took a deep breath, letting out a sigh as he shook his head. "It's fine, you don't have to explain. We all have our struggles to get through and I don't let anyone see how it gets to me. I try to give off the impression that I can brush it off but I take everything to heart and I don't want anyone else to feel that pain."

Skygge moved over to the edge of the bed, using his foot to pull close his bag again. "Hold on," he declared as he gotten out two bottles of pretty expensive champagne. He had stolen them from his stepfathers wine cellar to enjoy the little get together. "Present from Stephan, though he doesn't know" The boy explained before Care could ask. He kicked the bag away again as he moved over towards the door. He had placed both the bottles into one had and held the other out towards the girl. Back when they were dating they used to hold hands all the time, if possible of course. It was not that they were the clingy type of couple, they just needed a bit of touch, reassurence of each others presence. With a bit of effort he opened the door and walked down the stairs. "Be aware of the haunted stairs" He spoke with a dramatic voice as he lead her down. Full confidence he walked over to the living room in the hope to find Mackenzie, Chole, Rick and Beck.

Cara raised a brow as Sky brought out two pricey-looking bottles of champagne, but couldn't help but burst out into a dorky gin when he explained himself, laughing. She tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her ear while her other hand reached out for her index finger to hook around his pinkie. Though they weren't completely holding hands, a sense of calm settled over her nerves. Somewhere deeper beneath the calmness lurked another feeling however, this one far less pleasant. She knew she couldn't risk hurting Sky again, guilt making her gnaw on her cheek as he led her from the room. Hastily, she shook her head and shoved those feelings to the back of her mind the best she could. Be happy for now, Cara. At hearing Sky's dramatic warning, she chuckled.

As Skygge felt her finger hook around his pinkie an idiotic grin appeared on his face. One that probably wouldn't be taken off for a long time. It felt good to have her close again, no matter what had happened. Her chuckle send down a shiver down his spine, a pleasant one, the one that made the hairs on your arm stand up if you heard really good music. It was magical and send his heart missing a beat. "We have conquered the haunted stairs succesfully. We now shall announce our victory to everyone" He declared in the same dramatic tone, while having a hard time to keep himself from laughing. He had missed his. Her.. He pushed the voice in the back of his mind away like he had been doing for quite some time now. She is right in front of you now. He sighed as he opened the door towards the living room, where he expected the rest to be. "I got a little something to celebrate!" He announced now towards the rest as he held up the two bottles.

Indie laughed to hide her blush. He cares deeply about me? she shook it off. Must've misheard. She decided to continue the conversation. "I'm more of a 'heart on my sleeve' person. If I don't like someone, they know about it. And I guess that makes me kinda fearless...Some way or another." As she finished her drink, she peered over at Cam. "If you're done, we can go pay for this." she suggested, motioning to the shopping. "I'm so excited! I want to play dares with everyone and muck about and just be happy. Like the good old days." at this mention, her eyes glazed with nostalgia. She kicked herself - don't get all emotional now. Instead, she stood, put her cup on the tray, and tucked her chair in.

Cam nodded his head at her words, "Fearless and tough. It's a good trait to have so no one messes with you." He lifted his cup and shoot it gently, "Yeah, I'm done. We really should head back, they're probably wondering where we are." He got up and used his foot to push the chair in before tossing the empty cup into the trash can. He smiled, "I'm excited too. I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun and we will all be able to catch up with each other." Grabbing the handle of the shopping cart, he led her to the checkout and got everything bagged and paid for. Then he brought the cart outside to transfer their groceries into the car and then he waited for her to get in before bringing them back to the lake house.

"Yeah." Indie giggled, flicking her hair about slightly. "But not when people - mainly little kids and guys - find you intimidating or scary. I think that is why no one really likes me, to be honest. Some aren't strong enough, and some thing I'm too strong. But, you can't please everyone..." she explained with a slightly sad smile. Once they'd paid for and unloaded the shopping into the car, Indie jumped in the passenger seat. She did contemplate snatching the keys from him, but a thought popped into her mind. "What do you look for in a girl then, Cam?" she'd been mulling it over since the previous conversation. "And, be honest, out of everyone in the group, who would you date?" she asked, leaning back in her seat.

"Indeed. Songs will be sung of this day for years to come," Cara threw back, voice just as dramatic, as they made it down the stairs and entered the living room. Allowing her finger to unhook from his, her hand drifted down to her side. She smiled at those inside the living room. "And," she added after Sky, "Beck's gonna be playing a concert in the theatre room." She waggled her finger, shaking her head. "I promise you you wouldn't wanna miss it. He does some pretty good Beck." She mulled over his words for a moment, then scrambled for new ones, feeling her cheeks light ablaze. "I mean, Beck as in the other musician, not Beck himself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back