Killjoys, make some noise!

This is a huge shot in the dark, as I'm not even sure the Killjoy fandom is still alive and kickin'. Regardless--

I would love to start a group RP, or a 1x1, based off of "The True Lives of the Infamous Killjoys" comic-verse. If you've only ever listened to the "Danger Days" album, I highly suggest you read the comic. It's quick, only 6 issues, and a pretty decent read. I want a literate to advanced literate group to play with, people really looking to develop their characters, with a minimum of 300 words per post. Quality over quantity, but let's not push it! Original characters are preferred to canon.

For anyone who is not familiar with the Killjoys, it is a comic that takes place in the year 2021 in the California desert. It is post-apocalyptic with futuristic elements. Even if you know nothing of the comic itself but are interested in such a setting, let me know and I'll do my best to provide you with sufficient information about the comic/album so you can familiarize yourself with it.

After the Helium Wars of 2012, the whole world was left in a state of chaos and destruction. In the deserts of California, Battery City appeared where L.A once stood, ruled over by Better Living Industries. Battery City is black and white. Better Living Industries runs the entire show, pumping out a drug that induces artificial happiness, controlling the airwaves, rounding up all the stragglers to create their false utopia. There's no more reason to try, to live, to thrive. BL/ind has one goal in mind: perfection.
Then there are the Killjoys. The Killjoys are people that have escaped from Battery City. The Killjoy's are survivors. Their world is dirty, colorful, and violent. They're trying to fight back against BL/ind's monochrome vision of the future, to spread truth and knowledge of a real life to the city's inhabitants. That is, if the Exterminators don't reach them first.

tumblr_m3kjyxQHof1rsocino1_400.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, really?? I've literally been scouring the internet for days trying to find people still active in the fandom! I haven't been a big MCR fan since about middle school, but I love Becky Cloonan (the woman who illustrates the comics) and that's how I found out about it.

(I haven't been able to get my hands on #6 yet, so please no spoilers~)

I haven't read the comics but I lovee, lovve the Danger Days album :3

I can absolutely work with that!

Essentially the comic takes place after the album, when the original Killjoys are 'deceased'. I'm really looking for original characters, with a setting out in one of the zones. Maybe a new Killjoy gang or something in the works.

I saw the end of SING and I didn't think they were dead T^T

I was like gett upp >>

Maybe we can find a few more people?

The comic makes it seem as though they were killed. Like I said, I haven't read the last one yet, so I could be wrong. I also haven't watched any of the music videos, but I've read about them. I literally downloaded the album a few days ago to tide myself over until I could get my hands on the last comic.

Oh okay. I should probably see if my Hastings has the comic :/

So like you said new Killjoys? I've honestly never Rped or made an OC of this before, but I can try.

Yup. Followers of the old Killjoys, looking to start a revolution and spread truth through Battery City. A few more people would be rad as all get out, but I'm really not sure of how many people actually follow the album/comic.

I've met a few MCR Fans around here. I'm sure someone would show up :3

Well-- if you know anyone, please feel free to spread the word! In the meantime, I guess I'll gather resources for anyone who hasn't read the comics.

Whoo, I'm so excited to see that this is a thing! I've been dying to try a Killjoy roleplay, but the best I have is writing fan fiction!

Awh yeah~

Feel free to link anyone that you think would be interested! Let's gather up a good handful of people before starting anything c:

Autumn, hey! Hana (or Prism) here, from Gaia! Ready to RP when you get the rules and skeleton set up! I'm totally looking forward to this, it's gonna be disco as hell!

How many people are you thinking on joining or whatnot? And, do you have anything in mind for an intro? I'm so excited, I am simply unable to even!

I want to have at least 5-6 people, and I believe as of right now there are 4 of us? I'd like to have enough character variety that we can actually work with some sort of future plot points.

As far as intro/story

I have no idea just yet. I honestly didn't think I'd get any takers period, so I'm still trying to throw together something right now.

I just want to make sure there's a fairly decent male to female ratio, enough characters for an actual plot, etc.

So if anyone has any ideas for a decent story, please throw 'em right at me .0.

Well, I honestly didn't know if we would either... I tried an RP based on the Killjoys' story wayyyy back in the day, but got next to no takers, so I'm actually really stoked about it! I'll keep brainstorming some ideas as well, but I do wanna warn you, I usually won't be able to post during the middle of the day due to work, but late at night or the mornings usually will do.

Hmmm... Once we get a prompt/introduction or whatnot going, then character creation, ACTIVATE! Until then, I shall stalk this thread like I stalk cake... which is to say, I will most likely have my face glued to this thread.

I pretty much have my face glued to it too, lmfao.

Actually--

Let's try this.

If everyone could just post a blurb about the character/s they're going to play, that would help me a lot with figuring out how they'd all fit together and what we can do with them.

Basic info like names, ages, gender, etc are great, but I'd also like some personality and how they fit into the world of the Killjoy-verse.

I guess I'll start and pray that there's enough info here for other people to get a grip on my baby with, haha.

Name: Phoenix Down, Nix for short

Nix is an engineer/mechanic based out in Zone Six. Her personality is not totally developed yet, but what I do know is that she's a fairly level-headed individual. When she was young she stumbled upon the remains of an old library somewhere outside of the Zones and discovered her love for books/knowledge. Through books, and with the help of her now deceased mentor, she was able to become a fairly well-known mechanic within the Zones. Ray gun busted? Nix can fix it. Bike not running? Nix'll have the engine purring in no time.

All for a price, of course. While Nix takes credits, she prefers things more useful to herself. Food is always good, but scrap metal/spare parts are preferred. Above all else, Nix values books-- particularly ones about ancient mythology. Over the course of her life, Nix has developed an unhealthy obsession with ancient Egyptian mythology/history.

I will probably also end up playing a male, too. So far his name might be High Voltage or Ashes to Ashes and he's probably a total crash queen.

Clearly I really have no idea what I'm doing with these characters, lmfao. I know the basics, and some personality quirks, but without the ability to actually play them, they haven't had the time to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go!

Name: Charcoal Sketch ('Sketch of the Desert' or 'Sketch')

Plan on getting lost in the zones? Need to get your daily dose of Dr. Death? How about some simple H2O? If you want information that even the ghosts don't know, then Sketch is the one to find. A wandering fortune of codes, secrets, maps, and supplies, Sketch thrives in the zones. Since the deaths of the original Killjoys, Sketch roams the desert wastes as a neutral party, handing information over in exchange for an 'immunity' of sorts. Sure, being able to get around has it's perks, but she's known the true value of information since she was young, and will not hesitate to use it to her advantage. Clever, creative, and housing a tongue dipped in acid, she will put up with no bullshit when it comes to exchanging information, and very rarely will she hand it out for free. Sketch, as well as those who associate with her, know that her sardonic temper goes hand in hand with her distrust of authority, as well as her inability to take anything at face value. In the journey to becoming an ironic 'renegade Killjoy', Sketch has come to realize that there is always more than meets the eye.

As you've mentioned, character interaction is crucial to development... which I certainly hope happens with Sketch! As far as other characters, I may end up playing a male as well, but that's got almost next to no character at all yet. Eheh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back