Kickstarter Martial Arts POLL

Which Martial Arts Style you want to see in core book?

• Dreaming pearl Courtesan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arms of Unconquered Sun

• Celestial Monkey

• Centipede

• Cobra

• Crystal Chamaleon

• Eye of Heaven

• Mantis

• White Reaper(BEING ADDED BY ANOTHER PLEDGER, VOTE NOT NEEDED)

• Other

• Total voters

Greenstalker

Supporter
Final Results from Poll Here

Everyone can make multiple choices but please refrain from making more than 3 choices. Depending on what other people decided to add (currently only Brian seems to waiting for)I will make either first or second most voted Martial Art Style as my second choice. Currently following ones are already chosen or was already in book;

Righteous devil, tiger, snake, ebon shadow, dark claw, crane, nightingale, white reaper;

I will add any style if you choose other and post what you want.

Styles should be celestial exclusive not from a MoEP, virtue styles in imperfect lotus are out, laughing wound is out, swallowing darkness is way out :P

Style can be from glories, SotM, ink monkeys etc.

EDIT: Just to clarify something I will not take top voted from poll and choose it directly. I will take top three than consider among them. So even if your favorite style lags behind don't worry too much last choice will still mine but top three will have equal chance to be selected.

Crazy... based on the buzz in the previous thread and on other forums, Mantis is a total dark horse here. And Centipede... isn't dead last! I guess that's positive.

[QUOTE="The Hanged man]Crazy... based on the buzz in the previous thread and on other forums, Mantis is a total dark horse here. And Centipede... isn't dead last! I guess that's positive.

[/QUOTE]
I still don't understand what Centipede style is, think you can link or something :) ?

It might bump that style's vote up.

I made 4 before I saw you were supposed to make three...

In which case subtract one from Mantis. I want the others I voted for more.

Chaka said:
I made 4 before I saw you were supposed to make three...
In which case subtract one from Mantis. I want the others I voted for more.
I will keep that in mind and count it like that when poll ends.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Centipede_Style[/URL]

Its big themes are poison, hard to anticipate rapid movement, and the kind of weird resilience of an armor-shelled bug that sheds limbs as casually as you or I clip our fingernails. It has some mechanical issues (but name a 2E style that doesn't..), but the intent makes you fight like a living nightmare, all twitchy and unpredictable. Hook Swords, Seven Section Staves and Iron Boots are the style weapons, but its position re: Armor was never clarified that I'm aware of.

[QUOTE="Ker'ion]Other => Fivefold Shadow Hand Style!

[/QUOTE]
no terrestial style is valid choice unfortunatly

[QUOTE="Ker'ion]Other => Fivefold Shadow Hand Style!

[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, the developers have stated that Terrestrial Martial Art styles aren't eligible. While there will be no Terrestrial or Celestial styles in 3E, just Martial Arts Styles (that work better for Celestials and properly initiated Dragonblooded), the current Terrestrial Styles will require a lot more work to upgrade into 3E Styles, mainly because they tend to be about 2/3rds as long as current Celestial Styles.

Maybe, but a vote for White Reaper is a vote for mowing down swarms of mooks with a giant scythe.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Centipede_Style[/URL]

Its big themes are poison, hard to anticipate rapid movement, and the kind of weird resilience of an armor-shelled bug that sheds limbs as casually as you or I clip our fingernails. It has some mechanical issues (but name a 2E style that doesn't..), but the intent makes you fight like a living nightmare, all twitchy and unpredictable. Hook Swords, Seven Section Staves and Iron Boots are the style weapons, but its position re: Armor was never clarified that I'm aware of.
Okay that is insanely neat. You should come on the site chat to come discuss it with us :D !. I might just change my vote . . .

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Okay that is insanely neat. You should come on the site chat to come discuss it with us :D !. I might just change my vote . . .

[/QUOTE]
I would, but I'm screwing around at work. Checking a forum every few minutes, I can get away with. Chatrooms, I can start cleaning out my desk, haha!

[QUOTE="The Hanged man]I would, but I'm screwing around at work. Checking a forum every few minutes, I can get away with. Chatrooms, I can start cleaning out my desk, haha!

[/QUOTE]
Fair enough :) !

Hi!

I'm justgoingto put the motivation for my vote here :)

In my opinion Dreaming Pearl Courtesan adds an element of creative and visual combat, that the other styles does not, and would really help cover a broader ground of what fighting/martial arts can be in this uniqe game.

Another "just fighting with weapons" style, seems a bit less contributing to me.

Even though they are all interesting and deserve a place in the game eventually.

But if I have to prioritize, I, personally, know what to choose :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back