Keychain #381-385

DukeGod said:
Where are our Old Realm experts to say what the glowy lettery stuff mean?
Le-Ta Da Ga-Me-Se Be-Gi-Na, thus Let The Games Begin.

Interestingly, Ta in Le-Ta and Na in Be-Gi-Na are symbols depicted vertically in the book being used horizontally, and the Be in Be-Gi-Na is vertical here, horizontal in the book, making this a case of nonstandard formation. Be-Gi-Na is just awkward to transcribe, and the alterations here make it more readable than a strict formation would be, particularly since there's only one glyph option presented for Be (many sounds have alternatives), but there's nothing preventing a more conventional formation of Le-Ta. I've not attempted to translate any of Jukashi's other script, so I don't know if this holds true throughout or if it's a new development.

Ascension said:
DukeGod said:

Interestingly, Ta in Le-Ta and Na in Be-Gi-Na are symbols depicted vertically in the book being used horizontally, and the Be in Be-Gi-Na is vertical here, horizontal in the book, making this a case of nonstandard formation. Be-Gi-Na is just awkward to transcribe, and the alterations here make it more readable than a strict formation would be, particularly since there's only one glyph option presented for Be (many sounds have alternatives), but there's nothing preventing a more conventional formation of Le-Ta. I've not attempted to translate any of Jukashi's other script, so I don't know if this holds true throughout or if it's a new development.
Everything's been translated in the various Keychain #X-Y threads, though this is the first I've heard of this. Since I've tried to write full sentences in Old Realm, I know that an approach like this is probably the only rational way to go about it.

Everything's been translated in the various Keychain #X-Y threads' date=' though this is the first I've heard of this. Since I've tried to write full sentences in Old Realm, I know that an approach like this is probably the only rational way to go about it.[/quote']
Old Realm script is just awkward all around. It's a nice *idea,* and implementing it as a cipher makes it *relatively* easily employed, while the sound-based structure lends it a sort of foreign feel even though it's not, really, but the ultimate implication of OR script as we have it is that Old Realm sounds like bad Engrish and has a writing system that would probably require two or three dots of its own in Linguistics in order to read or write anything remotely complex without having to refer to guides.

I do imagine it would be a lot more readable if you focused on building sentences around the script instead transcribing English originals directly without prep work. You could even rationalize it by arguing that any sound combinations too difficult to easily transcribe into OR script simply aren't used in Old Realm.

I smell a tournament arc...
So who will the Contestants be?

Misho's circle, The Deathknights, and the Sids/DB. So, who else would be joining, and how many people per team will be allowed to play?

Also, would this count as/lead to a "beach episode" where everyone ends up in swimsuits for no good reason?

Also' date=' would this count as/lead to a "beach episode" where everyone ends up in swimsuits for no good reason?[/quote']
*thinks about Marena and Secret*

I hope so.

Heh, I`m liking the new art style more and more. Really, who knew Secret could get even cuter?

In other news, the upcoming arc is SO going to be epic. Sounds like a good opportunity for more over-the-top action (can there ever be too much of that?), introducing new characters and getting some familiar ones back into action.

Ascension said:
DukeGod said:

Heh, didn't know that.
I just thought of what I'd say if I was going to call for a ultimate showdown between exalts.

Misho's circle' date=' The Deathknights, and the Sids/DB. So, who else would be joining, and how many people per team will be allowed to play?[/quote']
Oh man oh man. The Fair Folks should fordef join too, 'cept this is happening near the Elemental Pole of Earth. :[

Small problem: This is what I see when I link to the site. It's last Friday's comic.

This is what I see after I go through the archives. It's "today's" comic, only today has only lasted half an hour and it's not on the front page where it should be yet.

Anyways, more proof that the new art style is great.....and sexy. Irregardless of whether I find these two characters to be sexually attractive, I do perceive the strong sexiness emanating from the artwork of both characters. Seriously, the new style is making all characters more sexy powerful, which can only be a good thing.

Inverse said:
Irregardless of whether I find these two characters to be sexually attractive, I do perceive the strong sexiness emanating from the artwork of both characters.
Well, you'd obviously feel that if you're finding them such.
------------------------

On a not completely unrelated note, I want Nemen Yi to have my babies.

Amusing little filler comic, but I did get kinda confused in the second panel because of an art issue.

The vertical line in the background matches right up with the line of the object. At first, I thought something dropped vertically, the guy deflected it and it hit her. Then I spent a minute trying to figure out what he was holding. That was when I realized the vertical line was just background. He'd caught the missile.

The speed line of the projectile probably could've been colored differently as to stand out from the background.

This post is a little more obvious. That's Jukashi, and the dates indicate that he made those drawings this wednesday.
Jukashi said:
Anyway, yes, hopefully I will update regularly again. I've been conducting tests, and I think a low level of drawing won't do me much damage. Well, to be honest, most of those tests didn't work out totally well, but I need to be doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back