Keychain #306-310

MorkaisChosen said:
He's a Full Moon' date=' and we've already seen how much he loves his sword...[/quote']
Rule 34 applies, especially in the Wyld.
It's not like artifact swords aren't likely to have more...ah, interesting gods...

Half-caste offsrping of a Chimera and their moonsilver Keyblade's little god...

Aasharu said:
Ah, but that's only if you're using CNU...
Clearly A^3 and 2A aren't comparable when using units on A, A needs to be unitless for this to make sense (even if there is a unit appended to the expression as a whole).

On-topic, I think Marena will learn Sorcery, but will be fundamentally changed by seeing everything as Essence like Misho does (as a sorcerer). The intensely feeling, nearly always subjective Marena may take a step towards objectivity. Not an about-face, mind you, but she might be able to keep herself in check better (which one hopes all demon-summoning entities and hosts of Celestial Exaltations are capable of doing).

I hope she does learn Sorcery, because I like how Jukashi illustrates Sorcery and want to see more of it. Totally selfish of me.

IF Misho's mate is a Chimera, which has been pointed out is not certain...

While Chimera likely can raise their Essence their character sheet (Changed motivation, ect.) certainly doesn't incline them to undertake the necessary actions for Essence raising (or learning anything new besides shapeshifting for that matter). Were I an ST, I would not have Chimera raise their Essence once they've breached the motivation change point.

I hope Misho's mate is a Chimera, because I want to introduce the non-Exalted followers of the topic. Chimerism is the extreme of adaptability, a fun thought exercise for Lunars regarding the excesses of power and an excellent source of antagonists that aren't wholly evil (I like moral ambiguity in my antagonists) that might just need to be put down for its own good.

Good work, as usual, Jukashi, provoking the thoughts of your audience.

Tikor said:
I hope Misho's mate is a Chimera, because I want to introduce the non-Exalted followers of the topic.
I am beginning to wonder if the Solar Bond might rather than generate uxorial emotions, just make the Lunar behave stereotypically Australian.

Have I been hallucinating, as usual, or is there a Solar-level spell somewhere that can be used to redeem Abyssals?

I could have sworn that I have seen one somewhere, at some point, but... my search after this comic hasn't turned anything up.

Have I been hallucinating, as usual, or is there a Solar-level spell somewhere that can be used to redeem Abyssals?
I could have sworn that I have seen one somewhere, at some point, but... my search after this comic hasn't turned anything up.
Some people came up with such, but most people claimed that it undermines the poetic weight of an Abyssal redemption. It's the kind of stuff that deserves an epic quest rather than a reliable trick or suchlike. :P

There is a void circle necromancy which corrupts solar shards, no solar circle sorcery mirror of this exists in canon. Though, given how hard it is to develop solar circle sorcery, and the fact that no direct solar equivalent to an abyssal Inauspicious Citadel exists in the second age, not to mention having no equivalent to the Monstrances (except maybe Lytek's sock drawer where he normally keeps exaltations waiting to be doled out?)... I can easily see the development of such a spell being a suitably epic quest.

I was under the impression that Abyssals instinctively know that redemption is a possibility, even if no canon Abyssal has achieved it. Was I wrong?

IIRC 1st edition Abyssals suggested such could exist. But you would also need a Zenith caste [or possibly other UCS priest] and might need to have destroyed your Monstrance.

I prefer 2ed version. I 100 times better suiting word Redemption. 1ed is more like baptism .

Skycroft said:
I was under the impression that Abyssals instinctively know that redemption is a possibility, even if no canon Abyssal has achieved it. Was I wrong?
You are not. However, Jukashi ignored/forgot about this detail because it made for a better story.

Really? I've never seen anything suggesting that Abyssals instinctively know they can be redeemed. Accessing the Charm Unconquered Hero's Faith gives them a hint that such a thing might be possible, but until then, there's no sign for them that it could happen.

My interpretation of it was that they instinctively know they could have been something else, not that they can be so again. YMMV, of course.

Okay, after a quick looking through of my copy of Manual: Abyssals, I must admit that I was probably wrong. There might be some obscure line at the bottom of page 3598b, but even if there were, that wouldn't really be enough, and I don't feel like looking that closely anyway. My bad.

Actually, I found out where I heard it. Its in the Storyteller's Companion that Abyssals are aware of the possibility of redemption.

Ok, that might be where I read it too, assuming I didn't just go with the flow. If it's in the Companion, though, you can basically ignore it anyway, just as you ignore anything in there once you have the actual Manual for it. Except for the Mandate of Heaven, but I could never wrap my head around that anyway.

I wonder what this means for the future of the comic.

Will Secret redeem herself and become a Solar? Will Karen ever get her voice back? (Speaking of which, where is she?) Will *GASP* Mew Cai ever return and be adorable once again? And will their endeavors even preserve Creation for just a little while after it's sell-by date?

Tune in next time - every Monday and Friday - for more thrilling adventures of...Jukash's Keychain of Creation!

...yes, I have been listening to Girl Genius Radio Theater lately. Why do you ask?

There's a subtle difference between Karen's voice thing and Secret's Abyssal-ness. Karen entered into the bargain in the full knowledge of what she was giving up and what she was getting in return. Secret, however, was hit in a moment of weaknesswhen all she really wanted was to survive; she's now regretting it. As far as we can tell, Karen's voice-swap was worth it to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back