Keychain 106-110

Even if you don't play Exalted, you should remember that she explained it in a very early comic. Abyssals' caste marks bleed when they spend enough Essence.

She had no reason to spend any Essence, though. She didn't do anything but scared by the alien soul vampires from beyond reality this scene.

Maybe she got so scared she spent Essence without doing anything. :P

She probably spent some motes on Investigation Charms when she aked what the Fae were thinking, since you can't trust anything from the Wyld.

I think Jukashi mentioned that Secret favored Investigation in one of the threads.

I don't get Ten Wind's line about lucky numbers, but that is a fortitutious stroke of luck. Or maybe it's called "DMST Nonasshattus Benificientus".

It's kind of a shame, though. I figured they'd wind up with the wagon hitched to a team of rockodile. :)

ShadowDragon8685 said:
I don't get Ten Wind's line about lucky numbers
Probably referring to the number five. It is a recurring number in Exalted, as well as the whole five man band thing.

Anyways, you know, that horse salesman looks awfully familiar.

Oh wait.

I bet he has a crush on Secret.

Ooh...seriously nice catch! I wonder if he and the Lunar shown here are the same character (in different forms)? The eyes stay the same, and the hair color...

I do so hope so! I was hoping he'd learn another language and show up again :)

ShadowDragon8685 said:
I don't get Ten Wind's line about lucky numbers, but that is a fortitutious stroke of luck.
My personal guess? He's talking about seven, not five. Five is indeed lucky, so why would he be guessing it is? It's a seven panel strip, and he says it in panel seven, so...

I could be wrong, of course. *shrugs*

The number 108 is a number of auspiciousness and significance in many cultures and several religions.

first off, you mean you call shenanigans on that, and did you even bring your broom?

second a quick wikipedia search will reveal he is indeed telling the truth.

the more you know, just like you planned Jukashi *cough* honest

The Water Margin has the 108 Stars of Destiny, which is the moniker for the 108 outlaw heroes... which are then divided to the 36 Heavenly Spirits and 72 Earthly Fiends.

This is the only instance of 108 I can recall off the top of my head, but that's pretty relevant to Exalted enough. :|

Jukashi said:
The number 108 is a number of auspiciousness and significance in many cultures and several religions.
Aw come on, please pleeease tell us if the golden-eyed guy is the same as the latter lion lunar?

Wait...guy selling horses in a very improbable time...apparently an Exalt in disguise...golden eyes...

There's apparently a Chosen of Journeys helping them out. Pretty sneaky.

...so, if he's DB, then Ten Winds is Sidereal. If he's Journeys, then Ten Winds is actually Terrestrial.

There should be an Infernal who wants to hang with the troupe but can't due to preserving the austerity of the number five. :[

Since he's a minor recurring character, I'd say the fact that he's totally a Sidereal has no impact on what Ten Winds is.

Seriously, The Most Radiant and Auspicious Zapinator 2000 has as many lines as that guy. So far he's no more than a prop. ("BA-ZAAM" is, of course, a line)

Anyway, looking through the archives, Secrets' hair has gotten longer. I approve. Although it looks like Marena gave her implants or something in comic #90, since most of the lengthening happens within that strip. EDIT: Looking even more, Marena and Misho also have slightly longer hair now. Guess it's an art thing.

Brickwall said:
Anyway, looking through the archives, Secrets' hair has gotten longer. I approve. Although it looks like Marena gave her implants or something in comic #90, since most of the lengthening happens within that strip. EDIT: Looking even more, Marena and Misho also have slightly longer hair now. Guess it's an art thing.
fine with me, long hair is the sex

"BA-ZAAM!", would make an awesome sig quote, I'm not changing mine, just saying is all

Brickwall said:
Since he's a minor recurring character, I'd say the fact that he's totally a Sidereal has no impact on what Ten Winds is.
Seriously, The Most Radiant and Auspicious Zapinator 2000 has as many lines as that guy. So far he's no more than a prop. ("BA-ZAAM" is, of course, a line)

Oh, come on, he is SO that lion Lunar! They've both got gold eyes and brown hair...and...well, I'm just really wanting that character to show up again. I like him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back