• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕! - a demi + orphy special

LINGERING
I'm scared of waiting for tomorrow, it never comes without a price

giving brutal love
bright eyes
if I let you in, what would you take?
thick skull
paramore
mood: curious/furious
interactions: Leander's Mom
scroll
Well, this was gonna suck for Leander. He tapped the pen on his desk aggravatedly, wanting to be done with this situation. His mother was on the other line talking about his adopted siblings and how they'd love to see him now that he was officially back. Her tone was utterly cheery...as if she didn't drop a mess on his favorite pair of sneakers by telling him she had let his ex know he was back in town. All Leander wanted was five seconds of privacy: so he could screw his head back on about having to return to Nowhere's Place.

The reason was simple and stupid. Marco, his mentor, had a heart attack and realized that he was going a little too fast for his age...like Leander had been telling him for the past four years. What didn't make sense was that he wanted his protege to open up a shop in Louisiana and support said pupil as an angel investor. "You've got a lot of talent, but you've also got spirit, kid," Marco told him from his hospital bed. "You came all the way out here and made a name and a reputation in the world of tats. Use it! Help your mom and those kids out. Do something big for someone you love." Marco wasn't talking about Alex, but it sure hit like he was. Leander still wasn't sure how to feel about that situation yet.

Alexander had the potential to be the love of Leander's life, and that was a scary fact by itself. The only place that Alex was lacking in was the fact that he was okay with being a nobody. He could barely keep a 9-5 for minimum wage, he still lived with his parents, and his favorite pastime was eating cereal in his boxers while watching stand-up comedy. Leander stood by and hoped that Alex would get his life together at some point, if not for him, then for himself. But, it was stellar how wrong he was about Alex's motivations. You could marry the man, but you'd also marry his shortcomings. That was a bet Leander couldn't take.

"...And, just to let you know, I am having a party for you on Saturday night. The Quinns are coming, and I invited some of your school friends, too. They were all so eager to see you. Especially Alexander Ruiz." Leander's eyes widened comically before he scrambled for his phone, knocking over a large McDonald's Sprite that was leftover from his lunch. "SHIT!" he exclaimed, earning a proper "LANGUAGE!" in response from his adoptive mother. Luckily, his desk was impeccably clean, resulting from being a bit of a neat freak at work. He brought the phone to his ear with one hand while walking over to get some paper towels.

"You invited Alex?" he asked, deceptively calm in tone. "Yes, I did. And I have my reasons," his mother replied, leaving it at that. Leander groaned as he ripped several sheets of quilted picker-upper from the roll. In Leander's opinion, Marsha Klein was too much of an ally. Just because she went to Baton Rouge Pride every year did not make it her right to play matchmaker between him and Alex. Between Marsha and Beau, Leander was doomed to get back with Mr. Giggles...not that he didn't want to.

But he could still be mad about the situation. "You need to let me decide what I want on my own, Mom," Leander said sternly, wiping his desktop in a bit of a panic. "Now, call him and make up something. A funeral, an alien invasion, I don't care." The silence that radiated from the other end of the phone instantly made Leander regret saying that the way he did. "I don't like that tone, Oleander. I'm going to tell you this one time and one time only: Alex is coming to your party. He's not an idiot. He'd know you didn't want him there. And a very big part of you wants him there. So, get over your pride and talk to him. Love you. Bye!"

Before he could respond or retaliate, the call was over. Leander tossed his phone on the guest couch, looked up at the ceiling, and screamed. Luckily, it was just him and Sophie, the receptionist, in the shop. And she was quite used to the antics of her boss(having only known him for two weeks). Slumping down on the couch, he picked up the phone and scrolled down to the contact labeled "Xandy Candy". For a solid three minutes, he debated whether he should send a text or not. "Fuck it." he said, rolling his eyes as he pressed the call button.
© reveriee

mood :
on a bender

outfit :
mentions :

interactions :
orpheus. orpheus.
ruiz
;; alexander
three rings erupted from alexander’s phone as he was about to shower. all he could see was tunnel vision. he had just finished his last bottle of alcohol for the week, a good ole jack and coke with his lunch to ease the headache. this bender only started when leander’s adoptive mother gave him a call to let him know that leander was back in nowhere’s place.

alexander cringed at the thought. he left, with some fling, for four years. in the meantime, alex had his fair share with men and women, simple flings while on alcohol benders. he couldn’t even tell you their names. his heart burned with anger, harder than whiskey, knowing that leander left with some fling as simple as that, gone like the wind without a trace.

leander’s mother invited him to some welcoming party for leander’s return to nowhere’s place. as much as he wanted to go, and missed him more than he could even describe, he was troubled at how awkward it would be. the last time they spoke, alex thought this would be the last time. but now, maybe it wouldn’t be.

alex squinted at his phone, so long as to help see the name lighting up. “ollie-pop”his face shaded red, somewhat in embarrassment that he would have to talk to leander drunk, somewhat in excitement to finally talk to him. he was tempted to hide his drunkenness, however would it be such a good idea if leander left him last time for not properly taking care of himself.

he finally stopped pondering and just answered. “..hey…” he sheepishly said, slight slur in his voice.
coded by reveriee.

LINGERING
I'm scared of waiting for tomorrow, it never comes without a price

giving brutal love
bright eyes
if I let you in, what would you take?
it will come back
hozier
mood: embarrassed
interactions: Alex
scroll
Of course, he was drunk. He'd still be drunk if it were a hot Tuesday in hell. But that part never disgusted Leander. Alex was the type of person who could hold a detailed conversation while driving with his eyes closed and still make it to the destination in one piece. He could handle his liquor quite admirably. If Alex never had a hangover, he'd be a golden boy for any trashy fraternity scene you could think of.

"Hey..." Leander replied, popping his lips to break the silence on his end. He tried to think of a proper excuse to drive over to Alex's house at that very second. He'd just opened the shop, so there was less of a clientele. He could spare an hour or two to talk.

"I want to come see you. Is that okay?" he asked, not wanting to be intrusive. The last thing he wanted to do was waste anyone's time, let alone Alex's. Besides, Leander ran off the last time they spoke, choosing some hookup--what kind of a name Jace--to lay with instead of Alex. They were on a break, but it turned out just about as stupid as you can expect. Plus, it wasn't as if they even got to third base, not that anyone would believe Leander. Jace was more Ariana to Leander's Willow. But, Alex made Leander think of Hozier and Sleep Token, a feat shared by no one. Either way, they needed to hash things out. And soon...
© reveriee

mood :
on a bender

outfit :
mentions :

interactions :
orpheus. orpheus.
ruiz
;; alexander
a lump in his throat formed as he heard oleander’s voice. “i want to come see you. is that okay?” the words rang in his head for a bit. of course, alex wanted him to come see him. but like this? still living at his parent’s… still drunk off his ass. he took a moment to respond. “um.. yeah, sure. why not?” he replied, trying not to sound audibly distressed.

“just tap on the window, per usual. my parents are out on the town, so they probably won’t be back tonight. see you soon.” he said, before hanging up the phone. he sighed heavily before going to the sink and splashing his face with water, looking himself in the mirror.

distorted images of his face - ones that could only come with drinking alcohol. he didn’t recognize himself. he did, but he didn’t at the same time. he didn’t want this to end up like the last time they spoke. he wanted to be calm and collected.

alex’s mind would always go back to the fact that leander left with some fling. though he could kind of understand, why wouldn’t he wait until it was with someone he actually loved? why wouldn’t he wait until he got his shit together? it just didn’t make sense. he didn’t want to be angry, or jealous… he wanted to be happy for him. but he couldn’t see leander with anyone else… but him.

a tap on the window. who knows what happens next..
coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back