• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

June Prose Competition Information

Interesting... I'm down to participate. I've been looking for a way to slightly express a form of storytelling I was working on, but obviously lacked a direction.

If I may ask, I have already finished writing a story - a silly one in my opinion but it's still something - and it exceeded 1.200 words at first. I removed a lot of unnecessary dialogue and it's come down to 1.038. Is that a problem?

Oh - haha - my impression was you wrote it previously and wanted to use it for the prompt xD I understand, now. It should be fine. I don't think we'll begrudge 38 words ;-)

But! If you're unhappy with it at the moment there's no harm in holding off posting it until later on; it'll give you time to edit things around and make yourself happier with it, and maybe in that time you'll find yourself knocking off those excess words!

Just in case there's still confusion...

By its literal definition, a "prompt" is something which brings about something else. In this context, a "prompt" is something which an entrant is meant to use as inspiration for their entry. So, using that image as a prompt means looking at it, getting an idea from it, and using that idea. There's nothing that says the idea has to exactly mirror some or all elements of the picture; the only thing that is truly necessary is that we can see, within your work, how it may have come from the picture.

Anyway... If I wasn't judging, I'd be all over this. :P

Dusky said:
Just in case there's still confusion...
By its literal definition, a "prompt" is something which brings about something else. In this context, a "prompt" is something which an entrant is meant to use as inspiration for their entry. So, using that image as a prompt means looking at it, getting an idea from it, and using that idea. There's nothing that says the idea has to exactly mirror some or all elements of the picture; the only thing that is truly necessary is that we can see, within your work, how it may have come from the picture.

Anyway... If I wasn't judging, I'd be all over this. :P
Maybe the first post should be edited for clarification since it seems to confuse users?

This sounds exciting! I've never actually entered any kind of competition, so I'd love to give this a shot :3

Thank you @Dusky

I have updated the intro post with the "what is a prompt?" information to hopefully make it more clear for users. (:

Well, I suppose since everyone is announcing it

I'll be joining too

It's based of this poem I wrote a couple years ago, date unknown

It'll be adequate, more for me to practice than anything else xD

Anoooother question, are there any requirements in the person, like first, third, etc. or the format it's in? Is it alright if it's written similarly to a journal or such?

SpazztastiCat101 said:
Anoooother question, are there any requirements in the person, like first, third, etc. or the format it's in? Is it alright if it's written similarly to a journal or such?
It's whatever you want. It just has to follow the prompt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back