Jukashi's Alchemical Chapter vs. 2nd Ed. Alchemicals

josiah42

The Alchemical town arc goes from #116 to #180

I've recently finished reading the new Alchemical Exalted book. I'm wondering how close to canon this chapter turned out to be? Did Keychain possibly influence some of the content in the 2nd Ed. Alchemicals book since the Keychain comic came out first? What charms can people recognize? How about the shapeshifting?

Shapeshifting's possible with sneaky tricks (Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix and Integrated Artifact Transmogrifier- just load up a mutation package that simulates the shape you want (such as claws, teeth, and that one that makes you run fast for Clawstrider Mode), hide the mutations with IAT, and deactivate IAT when you want to go Dino-shaped).

There's one big, glaring hole, however- Alchies book says only mortals can ever give Alchemical exaltation ever. House Rules country... :)

MorkaisChosen said:
There's one big, glaring hole, however- Alchies book says only mortals can ever give Alchemical exaltation ever. House Rules country... :)
I think the end of #134 was lampshading the fact that what Nova was doing wasn't really exaltation. There's the Thaumaturgical degree of Bioenhancement that gives people prosthesis. It looks like she's then taken that a step further with the Alchemical equivalent of Power Awarding Prana. "I can impart them with a little of my Autochthonian Essence." Admittedly a full blown mutation package is a pretty impressive power to award. But Lunar's have Wyld Burgeoning Infliction (which I love) that allows them to confer mutation points. So this seems to lie around the area between custom charms and house rules.

Now that's an interesting way to do it. Yeah, I can see that being perfectly compatible:

Subsidiary Exaltation Module, an Alchemical Charm that lets you give mortals a dot of Essence and access to Charm Slots et cetera, but only if they're sufficiently cybernetically enhanced.

Nah, it's totally house rules. If I get my hands on 2E Alchemicals (a proper physical copy of the book; I hate reading through pdfs) I'll see about writing up rules for Casteless Alchemicals, which are made from humans, and which are an idea I had before I started doing KoC at all.

You seem to hang on to ideas for a long time. Does that make you an ideas person? I like idea people. Well, either way that arc was really fun to read. I've read through it a couple of times.

KoC had only a little bit of influence on the 2e book. There's the Nova shout-out, of course; and Light-Etched Interceptor Barrier was pretty much a case of me looking at the comic and saying, "PCs should be able to do that." That's about it though.

Holden said:
KoC had only a little bit of influence on the 2e book. There's the Nova shout-out, of course; and Light-Etched Interceptor Barrier was pretty much a case of me looking at the comic and saying, "PCs should be able to do that." That's about it though.
From your point of view, that's only a little bit. From my point of view, that's "HOLY CARP JUKASHI INSPIRED A REALLY COOL CHARM."

Holden said:
That sounds about right for the appropriate amount of influence. Enough to be the source of a "Awesome! One of my favorite comics inspired the people who write the books!" without skewing the game itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back