Intro

Synn

Lurker
Hi, I'm Synn. I'm a tabletop roleplayer, but I want to get better at writing and get more into the habit of it. I'm too shy to write my own stories just yet, so I figure forum roleplaying would be a good middle-ground. It's not that I'm a bad writer, I'm just a bit rusty, though I'm an experienced roleplayer. Anything fantasy related, especially if it is RPG inspired with character types like warriors and wizards going on adventures and fighting orcs and dragons, is right up my alley, but I also like Pokemon and video game related things. By video game related I mean the roleplay is based around a game, like players getting trapped in a MMORPG, not a roleplay based on specific games. With Pokemon, I like trainer stuff, not playing just Pokemon. I'm probably going to be a bit picky, mostly because I'm kind of timid with people, and because I used to forum roleplay quite a while back when I was younger and there were a lot of letdowns so I have some wariness from that experience and don't want a similar one.

Anyways, I'm just here to poke around and see if there's anything for me. Hopefully I can find something.

I used to think writing was for me, but then I found roleplaying and never looked back. There may be a small part of me which wants to write a story from beginning to end,but it feels like an isolated experience. Whereas in roleplaying I can get the same satisfaction playing with other people. As for your hang ups, you don't seem to be so timid that you're not afraid to admit not having much confidence. So just do what makes you happy and never look back.

If roleplaying can make you happy, then join a bunch of em. You won't find your diamond on the sidelines. Nor will you find it putting all your eggs in one basket. Take the time to read interest checks and join a whole bunch of people. Some will fail and some won't. Just make lots of friends who like doing the same thing as you and enjoy the experience by participating. 

welcome to the site! i'm sure you'll find something to suit your interests, there's a huge variety of genres and types of stories here. good luck in your search <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back