• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ׂ╰┈➤ INTEREST CHECK // Urban-Modern High Fantasy Setting

trashchild

Smallest Chaos Bringer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi! It's been a long time since I've done a group RP and well...I could use some help with world-building and creating one main plot line with avenues to side plots. There are a couple of things I do know I want to have this group RP include in it to some extent:
  • Urban or Modern Setting
  • High Fantasy Themed (i.e. elves, magic, gods, fairies, etc.)
Yeah, that's it.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling with plots or guidelines that aren't a 1x1 RP setup; I've always had that issue. However, I'm in the process of fleshing out a warm, somewhat whimsical AU of our world, with, of course, dark sides and underbellies. Essentially, I'm looking for maybe 1 or 2 people who are interested in something like this so that we can create a story that could be long-term for our players and us.

If you're up for the challenge of bouncing ideas off each other endlessly until we have a product we like, post here or DM me (:

1725480071702.png
EDIT: I've realized maybe some examples would help kinda stoke the fires of people's imagination on what exactly our urban fantasy could look like. As much as I love vampires and werewolves, I'd like a more diverse setting with mythical creatures. I'm not suggesting our story use any of these examples, so much as an idea of the setting we could create, I cannot stress it enough. So I'll drop these below:

• Pixar's Onward
    • Glen Cook's Sweet Silver Blues
    • Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson Series​
    • Telltale's The Wolf Among Us
    • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (I love the imperfect blend of trying to hide the magical world)​

I hope this gives some people ideas!

Last edited:

Heyo!

I'm down to help. Shoot me a DM if interested. I've always been interested in the deity aspect of things.

Glad I caught some of y'all's attention! I'm working on a rough setting and outline for it all, with some basic "rules" since obviously including gods it can get messy fast. We can set up Discord OOC or wherever else anybody would like/prefer. When we decide on a spot I'll post the outline I have in the most organized fashion I can muster.

Last edited:
Glad I caught some of y'all's attention! I'm working on a rough setting and outline for it all, with some basic "rules" since obviously including gods it can get messy fast. We can set up Discord OOC or wherever else anybody would like/prefer. When we decide on a spot I'll post the outline I have in the most organized fashion I can muster.
I don't use Discord for RPs, so an OOC thread on-site is my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back