[Interest Check] Pathfinder?

I find Pathfinder less overwhelming that dnd 3.5 for the moment, so i could be interest. Anything in particular?

I'll probably be running my own adventures. none of the pathfinder society or the adventure paths.

First let's see if there's enough interest.

I might be - although I'm looking for something much less combat oriented than Pathfinder, I've had a few character concepts for Pathfinder characters kicking around in my head a while. There are some of the APG classes I really want to play, a few ways to tweak the core classes that I want to try still, and some new books out I've heard good things about.

I'll be straight honest - I'm so used to minmaxing d20 system games that I will do so if I play in this one. I'll make it interesting - not a cookie-cutter max damage build off some forum or something - but I've basically forgotten how to make a character that's not a complete beast in combat. I won't be offended at all if you choose someone else over me if you don't want an exercise in character optimization in your game.

I was just thinking how I'd never played a decent d20 game in my life and that I'd like to try one sometime. And I hear good things about Pathfinder... I'm interested, if there's space.

The PFSRD is probably gonna be enough to play by. I think they even added Ultimate Magic to it by now...

Ok, looks like there's enough interest. hopefully later today, or tomorrow i'll start a recruiting thread with a blurb.

So, I was thinking I'd play a Chaotic Good Drow, right, who dual-wields, is a ranger, and rails against the injustice and evil inherent to Drow society. It'll be totally awesome and original.

Right guys?

...Guys...?

:P

Chaka said:
So, I was thinking I'd play a Chaotic Good Drow, right, who dual-wields, is a ranger, and rails against the injustice and evil inherent to Drow society. It'll be totally awesome and original.
Right guys?

...Guys...?

I'll play a sickly human wizard!

I kid, naturally.

Out of interest, will you be allowing core and prestige classes from the Advanced Player's Guide? I'm really liking the look of the Oracle class.

Chaka said:
Right guys?

...Guys...?

And i'll be the annoying power gamer using a small race that justifies it's thieving as "cultural".

I kid, i rarely play small races.

Someone should just hurt Chaka for making a post like that. :D

Chaka said:
I kid, naturally.
Out of interest, will you be allowing core and prestige classes from the Advanced Player's Guide? I'm really liking the look of the Oracle class.
Core Classes from APG? sure. Haven't really looked at the Prestige Classes there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back