Ink Monkeys

Not that I don't like the material (I do), it just seems a bit overpowered. Take for instance Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai. It has a Essence 3 requirement. Essence 3 is the maximum Essence a mortal may achieve.

What is stopping you from taking the Gargantuan Mutation multiple times and going to town?

The blog was just updated with a new Martial Arts style, Black Claw.

I love the style so much. Outrage-Kindling Cry in particular.

The Blg has been one of the games highlights lately (after the release of the brilliant Alchemicals book), and this extra stuff is awesome.

So, Devil-Tyrant Shintai lets you have obscene amounts of mutations, it still doesn't compare to DBT for a number of basic reasons. No negative effects from positive mutations for Lunars, extra attributes, superb regenerative abilities, much cheaper activation cost, and Gift charms. Also, no fluff mutations to fill the count.

That said DTS is awesome, and my groups Scourge giggled in delight when he saw it.

New Ink Monkeys. Link.

The continued exploration of the ultimate dickishness that is the Ebon Dragon. You know, some might complain about how the Ink Monkeys seem to be focusing on Infernals. Myself, as an Infernal lover, am not complaining in the slightest.

Another new one, this time moving away from Infernals, and into the Daystar and the Unconquered Sun.

One of the things that I really love about Exalted is just how... mythological it is, and how metaphysical it can be. The idea of the Shadow of All Things crafting his antithesis by focusing upon the absence of his own absence is just bizarrely fascinating to me.

Legend in Yu-Shan holds that a particular toy roosts on the dash behind Nysela: a bobble-headed doll in the likeness of Chejop Kejak
...I want one too.

EDIT: ...Unrelated to recent updates, but I thought I should ask here. One of my players is interested in some of those new Solar Charms, and since I have very little experience with or knowledge of Exalted, I am a little worried about my ability to judge balance. Does anyone have any particular issues with any of those Charms? Reed in the Wind bothers me a little, though... well, as I said, I know nothing about balance.

Some of the Dodge charms are a bit...off. They are however better then pretty much every charm that came out in Dreams of the First Age. They are for the most part great.

Lunar Charms!

...Although I have to agree with indigo_inc in the comments, that I was a little disappointed to see only combat Charms. But I certainly like what we have so far, particularly Beast-Power Concentration. No more having to justify not taking Deadly Beastman Transformation when it just doesn't fit my character.

I also love the mental image given to me by Beast Spirit Defense and Weapon-Trapping Body Dominion. A giant, tough-as-adamant-nails Lunar wading through hordes of enemies, barely visible through the weapons sticking through his body, punching away the spells of sorcerers desperate to slow his advance.

It's a pity we'll have to wait some time for the big update, but after this I think I can manage...

EDIT: Oh, darn it. I just noticed the Essence limitation for Weapon-Trapping Body Dominion. So much for playing a walking ball of weaponry...

Man. Looking at the second Charm Medley, all I can think of is a cheesy Kool-Aid commercial:

"Immanent Solar Glory! For all your Solar Peripheral Pool Needs! Now available in War, Performance, Larceny and Bureaucracy! Get some today!"

I'm not against it, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

Though Larcenous ISG seems kinda... Screwy. Unless that's what you use for underworld Socialize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back