Imbue Amalgam and Exaltation

Captain Hesperus

Harbinger of the End Times and Apostle of Ghan
Administrator
Supporter
Can a Mortal subjected to the Celestial Circle Sorcery spell Imbue Amalgam undergo Exaltation?

If yes, what happens to the effects of the Imbue Amalgam spell? Do they continue to know and be able to use the Charms, etc. imbued or do they lose them completely. Also if they keep them, are they able to learn Charms of their Exalt type, get their starting Charms (i.e. ten for a Solar) or are they restricted to what they were imbued?

For instance, Amaranth is a First Age Golden Child born to a paranoid Solar who previously lost a daughter due to a freak accident. The Solar therefore decided to make her almost invulnerable to harm, thus used the sorcery to imbue her with all the Charms and prerequisites for Adamant Skin Techinique. Years later, Amaranth is confronted by a rogue Behemoth while on a field trip with her friends and her bravery earns her the Sun's Grace. Does she:

a) lose all the benefits of the Charms and Permanent Essence from the Imbuing and start as a Vanilla Essence 2, ten Charm Solar,

b) retain her current Charms, but finds that's all she has.

c) gains the balance of Charms required to give her ten Charms (in this case 6) and remains at Essence 3.

d) retains the Charms and Essence 3, but gains ten Charms as part of her Exaltation (giving her a total of 14 Charms).

Additionally, what if the Amalgam has Charms from a variety of sources, i.e. Bruise-Relief Method and Halting The Scarlet Flow from the Lunar Charmset on top of the Solar Perfect soak suite and does not Exalt as an Eclipse? Are these lost, retained but become unusable or continue to be usable?

Captain Hesperus

Personally, my response would just be to say no. I don't think an exaltation could bond with an amalgam. That kind of invalidates your further line of questioning, but I'll go ahead and vote for C if you decide that an amalgam would be okay in your game.

Do Amalgams still count as Mortal, Enlightened or otherwise? Or are they a different class of being?

If you rule that they can still Exalt, I would say they would have to pay for everything, and if you rule they get to keep their other spalt charms, they can pay as an Eclipse. I wouldn't go that far, but I would advise as such if you do.

I'd go with Essence 3 and if the charms aren't from their Exalt type, they have to pay Eclipse costs for them, ending with the normal set of ten.

The issue is that none of this is free and there either needs to be a Merit for this setup or they have to pay for each thing ala carte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back