I'm thinking of throwing an RP party

Well a bunch of new people are twelve so you can make it a child's birthday party, or a graduating from middle school to high school party and you've plenty of people to pick from the right category

Ooh, that's really cool. Great idea.

--- Merged Double Post ---

I was going to include a test drive of the latest fancy car, but since a majority of new people here are under the legal driving age, I think I'll scrap that idea.

Thanks hatchet for the input & the reason for leading those "12 years olds off the site" however, it's not the truth. We have a mixed group of members. If you so choose to throw a party, those members can of course drink. Good majority of us know each others ages but again, this is a RP so I think it should really be based on the characters information.

Anyone else have feedback?

in all goodness, i think that a party rp would be a good idea, but it wouldn't last very long. I mean, after all, a childs birthday party is like 4 hours or so. That does not get a lot of role plying in and even if you did an all nighter party, i do not see it lasting a long time as an rp. I do not want to make it sound like i jumped in the anti-idea gun and just blasted this out of the sky, but i think if you came down with a general idea of the party, it would develop more in our minds. As of right now, it is like trying to find that needle in the hay stack. When it is the bale, it is hard to spot, but once you spread out the ideas, then you can really spot the masterpiece that awaits.

Here are some ideas:

What time frame?

What age range?

What occasion?

What setting is this party taking place in? the US. Canada? Japan? Russia?

Would it be a graduation? A promotion? Someone is having a baby? Maybe they bought a house and now they want a house warming party?

I am trying to be helpful and try to assist in finding that 'needle.'

Maybe we could be people from the neighborhood either parents or kids and we could have some neighborhood politics going on at the party. Just an idea.

lol, i dont know what kind of twelve year old you are talking about, they dont need to be nessicarily shielded from this stuff-i mean what are we talking about, hmm; drinking, cursing,-you know what never mind with the list-you only need three Adult Swim(Family Guy, Boondocks, American Dad, Robot Chicken), Comedy Central(South Park, Tosh.0, various comedians), MTV. These kids are already exposed to this-I agree with PG-13 I prefer appropriate roleplay nine point five times out of ten-but kids at that age would like to act like adults-in which they have charries older than themselves-and they don't like to be treated like little children. The idea of a child's party or graduation bores me(sorry) and like Gg said their characters may be older(such as drinking age), there would be very few who would want to rp a person who is younger than themself(wheres the fun in that?).

My idea is like a Hollywood party, like an afterparty to a premier of a movie in a penthouse suite or Beverly mansion overlooking Hollywood and the sunset over the ocean, with celebrities, cocktails, cocktail weenies, hot tubes, and drama ; or undercover spy mystery at a art opening exhibit at an acclaimed gallery; or sophisticated party celebrating the opening of a beautiful, Spanish-European inspired Rose garden/park exhibiting rare, exquisite flowers - but a twist occurs when a wealthy, popular, and well-liked philanthropist, who had donated a great share of money to the garden's project cost, falls down dead and everyone is in a haste to make accusations and find the culprit by the end of the event...

just some ideaers, suggest to whichever, however, to whatever level of creavity and editing... ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back