I think this is where I ask for help.

Soviet Panda

Red Panda Commanda.
Roleplay Type(s)
Ok. So all the games I'm in are slow, and I'm kind of afraid they are dying. So I've come up with the wonderful idea of making my own. However, I do not know what it should be about. I would like it in a futuristic setting, that I'm set on. I'm asking you nice people to a.) tell me if this is the right place to ask about this, and b.) some general ideas I can build off of.

Yes, this is the right place to ask.

But in general crowdsourcing ideas from other people is frowned on - have you considered the merits of reading some sci-fi or watching some movies for inspiration? Futuristic is an aesthetic, not a theme. It doesn't inform plot or character in any meaningful way.

Take a look at my guide to cyberpunk here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/so-you-want-to-write.98729/

Might help.

Thank you. That will certainly help.

Yes, that has helped a lot. I now have an idea stewing about. I believe I can put that in the under construction bit. Or perhaps I should just put it down on paper...

Your worst enemy is time and scheduling . I'd advise you to puzzle out when your players are posting and post around those times, and quickly. If you're lucky, they'll be there and can reply and the game can move a bit faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back