Anime & Manga I need a new anime/manga!

Emootaku

<p>

Hey! I keep waiting for the new episodes of Naruto Shipuden and I need another anime to take over my time. I use KissAnime but I still need a new anime like it. I have seen Bleach, I'm caught up with Fairy Tale and have tried to watch One Piece. I am just looking for a new anime.... If someone can help... please do! P.S I also love cute romances...

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
You're into shounen, so you should try Fullmetal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter. There are two Fullmetal Alchemist series, start with the 2003 one and then watch Brotherhood (if you only want to watch one, go for Brotherhood.) Hunter X Hunter looks really cheerful and happy-go-lucky at the beginning, but it gets really dark and has an incredible amount of depth to it!

If you're looking for a change from shounen, though, I've found that Princess Jellyfish is a good romance. So is Howl's Moving Castle, but that's not a full series; it's a movie.

I really like Apocalypse no Toride, though I don't think there's an anime of it just yet... Though it kind of sinks into the horror section...

hyakinthos said:
You're into shounen, so you should try Fullmetal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter. There are two Fullmetal Alchemist series, start with the 2003 one and then watch Brotherhood (if you only want to watch one, go for Brotherhood.) Hunter X Hunter looks really cheerful and happy-go-lucky at the beginning, but it gets really dark and has an incredible amount of depth to it!
If you're looking for a change from shounen, though, I've found that Princess Jellyfish is a good romance. So is Howl's Moving Castle, but that's not a full series; it's a movie.
Thank you although.... I've seen all of those haha!

I've recently started watching an Anime called: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma.

It's an absolutely comical and fantastic anime...About food!

Shinsekai Yori, one of my fav anime. I recommend you watch it on htvanime.com or moetube.net. The quality there is da best

I'd like to suggest that if you live in a country where legal streaming options are available that you use them instead of kissanime and similar sites. There's a very large variety of anime available for free in a way that supports the licensing company and original creators, and I find the fees for premium access (higher resolution, no ads, etc) on most legal sites to be very reasonable indeed. If you live in the US, Canada, UK, or Australia, BECAUSE.MOE - anime streaming search engine is a really lovely legal streaming search engine.

Of course I certainly understand the allure of the... 'unofficial' streaming sites as some of my all time favorites were never licensed at all,are long out of print, or are simply not available for streaming. I also know global licensing can be a pain in the butt so a lot of shows aren't available legally in every country.

As for recommendations... maybe Yu Yu Hakusho would be up your alley? I remember back in the day when Bleach was brand new a lot of people compared it to Yu Yu Hakusho as the basic concepts are very similar. There's also the currently airing My Hero Academia, which is a show about a school for superheroes. That concept reminds me of the early bits of Naruto. Gintama is great if you like comedy and that show has an absolute buttload of episodes to entertain you with, as well as a surprisingly compelling storyline when it wants to get serious.

I'm not a romance expert so I can't recommend much on that front, unfortunately.

Assassination classroom Is my personal favorite! I recommend trying that or black butler is amazing too! There is also black cat and death note. If you lean more towards romance, Vampire knight isn't to bad. Our an high school host club is great, its really cute though!

DarkDecember said:
Assassination classroom Is my personal favorite! I recommend trying that or black butler is amazing too! There is also black cat and death note. If you lean more towards romance, Vampire knight isn't to bad. Our an high school host club is great, its really cute though!
I've seen some of those but not others, thank you!

Anytime! I know fun I'm at I on shows some of them and if you want to read them there is an app called Zing box, it has a few adds at the bottom of each page but it isn't to bad :)

DarkDecember said:
Anytime! I know fun I'm at I on shows some of them and if you want to read them there is an app called Zing box, it has a few adds at the bottom of each page but it isn't to bad :)
Cool, thank you!

I mostly enjoy all types of anime/manga but find I'm more fond of slice of life/comedy, as well as heart warming stuff c;

Anime:

Wakusei no Samidare

No Game No Life

Medaka Box

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Amagi Brilliant Park

Magi

Blood Lad

Natsume Yuujinchou

Barakamon

Beelzebub

Gintama

One Week Friends

Angel Beats

Manga/Web toon

Magician

Tower of God

Nukoduke

Horimiya

Can't See Can't Hear But Love

Superior

Kubera

Ib - Instant Bullet

Itsuwaribito Utsuho

Aphorism

Bokura no Kiseki

Yunn said:
I mostly enjoy all types of anime/manga but find I'm more fond of slice of life/comedy, as well as heart warming stuff c;
Anime:

Wakusei no Samidare

No Game No Life

Medaka Box

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Amagi Brilliant Park

Magi

Blood Lad

Natsume Yuujinchou

Barakamon

Beelzebub

Gintama

One Week Friends

Angel Beats

Manga/Web toon

Magician

Tower of God

Nukoduke

Horimiya

Can't See Can't Hear But Love

Superior

Kubera

Ib - Instant Bullet

Itsuwaribito Utsuho

Aphorism

Bokura no Kiseki
thank you!

I see a bit of a shounen trend, so I would recommend Jojo's Bizarre adventure. There are a lot of episodes/chapters, but it's honestly great. I got into it just a few months ago and I'm totally hooked

• Neon Genesis Evangelion gets into some darker themes, but it's a 90s classic that may or may not deserve all its hype.
  • Hakuouki is a historic supernatural anime based off of the otome by the same name; it's not over the top with any romantic overtures and is actually quite good.
  • One Punch Man is more of a comedy than anything, but it's one of those feel good shows. Superheroes being not so heroic.
  • Samurai Flamenco is really heartwarming. It takes a dramatic genre shift after the first half dozen episodes or so (to hilarious effect). To say anything more would be to ruin the show.
  • Death Parade was spawned by the short Death Billiards. I haven't seen the series myself, but I did enjoy the eerie vibe of the latter.

Emootaku said:
Hey! I keep waiting for the new episodes of Naruto Shipuden and I need another anime to take over my time. I use KissAnime but I still need a new anime like it. I have seen Bleach, I'm caught up with Fairy Tale and have tried to watch One Piece. I am just looking for a new anime.... If someone can help... please do!
P.S I also love cute romances...
I took that quiz and got the same result as you.

Last edited by a moderator:
my all time favorite anime is gurren lagann! it's a shorter anime, but i cried multiple times while watching it.

some of my other favorites are kill la kill, attack on titan, and blue exorcist

Doukyuusei is great! (if that hasn't been suggested already!!)

tumblr_nl82uv49Uq1rh3hbho1_250.gif

Kiznaiver is good for angst and black rock shooter is a good romance if you pick up on the undertones.

I see that you show interest in romances so how about :

*Kimi no Todoke

* Kamisama Hajimemashita

Also if you're looking for something lighthearted and comical :

*WataMote (shortened title ; ;)

*Lucky Star

*Himouto! Umaru-chan

*Gugure! Kokkuri-san

If you're looking for something else in particular genre-wise I can give some more suggestions! Hope I helped. -u-

Have you seen Boku no Hero Academia yet? It's a fairly new show, but if you're into shounen, you might like it.

Ouran High School Host Club is a classic among anime fans, but you've probably seen it already.

It might be worth trying out Suisei no Gargantia, too.

Good luck finding stuff to watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back