• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hyperion Overload

Draconus297

The Dragon Lord
So, I have a tendency towards odd ideas. This is one of them, and I hope you all will help this one become as awesome as it can.

Before I get to the things that actually affect the RP, here's where the concept came from- pretty much everyone is familiar with at least one half of the Super Sentai/Magical Girl coin. For the former, pretty much everyone knows the Power Rangers, and for the latter, I suppose the most well-known example would be Sailor Moon. However, the two hit a serious divide- one is aimed at boys, the other at girls, and as such overlapping fans tend to be kinda rare (or mocked by the purists). I plan on creating something that bridges the two, by combining a few well-known staples of both genres. There will be side-in additions from other genres, but that's beside the point.

That having been said, on with the show!

Earth is in danger. What else is new? This threat comes from what amounts to an armada of magically-infused demon warriors known as the Faulnis, led by a mysterious, shadowy figure no one has met yet. Again, all things we've heard before. They have the power of the Kyrre Crystals on their side, which means that they are nearly entirely invincible.

Well, crap.

Luckily, a defector from the Faulnis stole multiple Kyrre Crystals, and is ready to fight back. The problem? One person can only use one crystal, and even then he can't use them at all! So, using some of his magic, he's decided to make himself seem like a human, and highjacked a high school class for recruiting purposes, seeing as teenage humans have the highest aptitude for Kyrre Crystal use.

Now, if this setup seems familiar, it's basically a mishmash of common Super Sentai/Magical Girl tropes. Now, I intend on there being three primary types of Crystal users:

Caster type- their particular Kyrre Crystal didn't improve their physical capabilities much, but gave them tons of magical power.

Fighter type- their Kyrre Crystal didn't have much magical potential, but made them uncannily strong and fast.

Spell Knight type- somewhere in between.

I will control a few side characters, as well as the aforementioned defector and the entirety of the villainous group, but I will most likely not create another character on your side. Don't expect much help.

The Kyrre Crystals will be based on different animals for Fighters, elements for Casters, and one of each for Spell Knights.

I'm in!! I love the magical girl genre!! :D I'm still deciding between being a caster type or being a spell night type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back