Viewpoint How would you feel if you realized your partner's reply was generated by an AI?

Completely honest answer... My first response would be to laugh about it. A lot. I don't know why, but the idea of someone using an AI to reply to me reads like the punchline to some type of elaborate joke. Maybe I'm just a bit strange for finding humor in such blatant shows of disrespect towards me, but I'd find it hilarious.

My second would probably be to ask them about it, with the expectation that they leave the conversation or ghost me the second they get caught. (If that's the case, cue more laughter)

Personally, I've written against AI before, but not often. I really prefer writing with people, that's why I'm here - I only use things like c.ai out of curiosity or out of extreme loneliness (when my friends are offline, my RPs don't have replies yet, or when I'm otherwise depressed and want to lay in bed and rot with my AI Mel Medarda from Arcane because for some reason nobody in the Arcane fandom is even remotely interested in her and she's my favorite character of all time)

I digress.

I think responding with AI, especially without letting the other person know, is just blatantly disrespectful. A bit like if someone spat in your face and expected you to thank them for the hydration. (Like... What the hell???) And honestly, that's pretty much an instant blacklist for me. Most of the people in this thread are much nicer than I am in that they would likely just break it off immediately or ghost them, but I have to be completely honest here; I don't know if I'd be able to resist the opportunity to pick my RP partner's brain a bit about why tf they thought that using ChatGPT to reply to me was at all socially acceptable. It reads to me as being completely immature and selfish to not even bother with the human decency of letting me know that your inspiration is lower than usual that day. I'd feel a bit like, how stupid do you think I am? Did you really think I wouldn't notice? You must think I'm a complete moron, then. Am I even worth a second of your time?

for me, it depends how you use it. if you are using AI to fully generate the response, i will be able to tell because personally ai generated paragraphs are really easy to tell if you pay attention to certain signs. i don’t like it, but i probably won’t complain as long as you warn me ahead and actually try to put a bit of effort into making the ai generated paragraph correct and okay to send + it’s better than not getting a reply at all.

if you’re just using it to spellcheck, check if it’s written properly or to replace certain words with better words then i won’t care, because i can get why somebody does that especially if you are a shy role player who needs somebody to double check your work. it would be basically a beta reader! instead of using a human person! i wouldn’t mind that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back