Story How to start a book.

This is so frickin' dumb. And Kirito flirts with everyone coming in the door accidentally.
I need to watch more anime so this won't be understaffed.

Last edited:
Yeah, but isn't that the point of sitcoms? Maybe an old 90s anime figure could come in and be like, 'When I was your age/When I was popular..."

Yes. And Teru starts writing Pikachu's name in a frenzy after the seventh attempt.
Light nudges him and is like "Read the first rule again, Teru."
The human whose name is written in this book shall die.

And finally the end to the first episode is that Pikachu blows up the place (accidentally) with the electric charge from it's cheeks. Ash Ketchum survives due to his immortality. This becomes the shows running gag of blowing up the Anime Olive Garden, and the show is rated poorly, but gains a cult following to it's random plot and the fact it has anime characters in it.

Especially if it was like
Ash: "Go, Pikachu! Thunder tail!"
Pikachu: Pika!!!!
Gon: "Go, Killua! Godspeed!"
Killua: "Baka! I already know exactly what I want to-"
*gets hit in the face by Pikachu's tail and flies across Olive Garden and out the window*

And then someone calls the ambulance and the cops show up and...
Cops: Wait a minute, is that Kira?

Yagami's dad becomes disappointed, the restaurant is revoked from Light Yagami, and he ends up in juvy. What a happy ending!

Exccatly! The good ol' sitcom reverse warp, but everyone remembers what happened!
I feel like we hijacked this thread a bit.

In this episode, Kirito puts on a Batman impression!
"I don't haaaaaave pareeeeentsss." "I've never killed anyooonee." "Laughing Coffin members are a superstitious and cowardly lot."

Ye lets continue through a conversation?

ReadingTheRunes ReadingTheRunes That's a question I've thought about a lot, too.

I haven't written much, so take my advice (or don't, that's really up to you) with a giant helping of salt.

I like to take the part of the story that's the most interesting to me right now and write whatever comes into my head, even if it's just a couple of sentence fragments or a list or a weird hybrid of the two. Then I go back and edit it.

ReadingTheRunes ReadingTheRunes That's a question I've thought about a lot, too.

I haven't written much, so take my advice (or don't, that's really up to you) with a giant helping of salt.

I like to take the part of the story that's the most interesting to me right now and write whatever comes into my head, even if it's just a couple of sentence fragments or a list or a weird hybrid of the two. Then I go back and edit it.
That's a really good idea thanks! I guess the best way to get started is to do loads of drafts lol.

When I've written I tend to start with the story I want to tell.

Think of it like an argument.
For example, your trying to argue that the narrative you're creating would proceed as you've described, or your trying to argue a particular moral or philosophical point. Or are you trying to explore an idea? If so what idea are you trying to explore, and how can that be expressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back