How old is Secret?

Quchu said:
Synapse said:
She's NOT dead. Abyssals are still alive and die when they are killed.
I think the preferred stance is that Abyssals are neither dead nor alive. They do being-alive things like dying when killed (inb4 Shirou) and wanting to eat. Though, of course, Essence circumvents most of that but besides. On the other hand they also do being-dead things like having the fate of a dead man and not making more life (as far as I know -- they are sterile if you discount Charms and such... I think).

Regardless, the best statement about Abyssal's existence as far as life/death is concerned is either they are Abyssal or they are weirdly Exalted.
Actually, they're explicitly alive. Both page 32 Abyssals, and the basic explanations elsewhere in the same are quite clear on this. While tainted with death essence, they are alive. Similarly, most Abyssals are quite capable of siring or bearing children. It's actually one of the sins of life explicitly mentioned in both 1E and 2E as sure to give them Resonance. Further, there are Abyssal half castes same as the other Celestial Exalted.

Quchu said:
Actually' date=' they're explicitly alive. Both page 32 Abyssals, and the basic explanations elsewhere in the same are quite clear on this.[/quote']
Oh dang. I'm just going to pretend to have missed that since that doesn't make sense in how I see Exalted cosmology. D: To hell with canon!

Quchu said:
Quchu said:
Actually' date=' they're explicitly alive. Both page 32 Abyssals, and the basic explanations elsewhere in the same are quite clear on this.[/quote']
Oh dang. I'm just going to pretend to have missed that since that doesn't make sense in how I see Exalted cosmology. D: To hell with canon!
That you're perfectly fine to, I suppose. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back