Hii~ New in town

Hi! I recently joined this website myself. Fantasy is definitely one of my favorite genres when it comes to reading, but unfortunately I've never been very good at writing it. Since you're an aspiring author, is that the genre you would write in, or would you choose a different one? Of course, there's no rule that says you have to pick just one genre.

EverBeenToSpace said:
Hi! I recently joined this website myself. Fantasy is definitely one of my favorite genres when it comes to reading, but unfortunately I've never been very good at writing it. Since you're an aspiring author, is that the genre you would write in, or would you choose a different one? Of course, there's no rule that says you have to pick just one genre.
Heyy~ Welcome to the place @EverBeenToSpace :)

Yes I would definitely write in a fantasy genre, it is one of my favourite genres out there. As for with writing in different genres, I do like to write in different ones, it brings more variety to my writing. I so far have written in; historical and a lot of fiction. I'm still studying in school, so I have more to learn about writing :)

HelloSushimi said:
Heyy~ Welcome to the place @EverBeenToSpace :)
Yes I would definitely write in a fantasy genre, it is one of my favourite genres out there. As for with writing in different genres, I do like to write in different ones, it brings more variety to my writing. I so far have written in; historical and a lot of fiction. I'm still studying in school, so I have more to learn about writing :)
That's great! I have a lot of respect for people who take the time to world build and come up with completely original characters. I think one of the reasons I enjoy fandom RPing and writing fanfiction is because those worlds and characters are already created. But people with minds to come up with stuff all on their own are just brilliant!

EverBeenToSpace said:
That's great! I have a lot of respect for people who take the time to world build and come up with completely original characters. I think one of the reasons I enjoy fandom RPing and writing fanfiction is because those worlds and characters are already created. But people with minds to come up with stuff all on their own are just brilliant!
Thank you~ :)

I had experienced writing fan-fiction for the first time this year when one of my school English assignments was to write a short story in the point of view of a chosen character from the book To Kill A Mockingbird. Of course, we all had to read the book haha. It was quite fun doing it!

HelloSushimi said:
Thank you~ :)
I had experienced writing fan-fiction for the first time this year when one of my school English assignments was to write a short story in the point of view of a chosen character from the book To Kill A Mockingbird. Of course, we all had to read the book haha. It was quite fun doing it!
That seems very interesting. I don't much care for that book, but adding that sort of twist onto it makes it seem more enjoyable. I wish my high school English teacher had thought of that, I might have actually enjoyed reading it.

HelloSushimi said:
@EverBeenToSpace
Haha it doesn't happen all too often for me. The most annoying thing is after the creative writing part, we had to write an analytical essay. An ESSAY! xD
Ugh! Those are the worst! I had to write an essay analyzing Catcher in the Rye and there wasn't even a creative writing part to it. Just straight essay. Terrible book, though I probable wouldn't hate it so much if I hadn't been forced to pull it apart and realize how whine-y Holden is...

EverBeenToSpace said:
Ugh! Those are the worst! I had to write an essay analyzing Catcher in the Rye and there wasn't even a creative writing part to it. Just straight essay. Terrible book, though I probable wouldn't hate it so much if I hadn't been forced to pull it apart and realize how whine-y Holden is...
Haha I know right. We had to find specific quotes in the book to use as evidence in our given essay question, that was extremely annoying!

HelloSushimi said:
Hi guys I'm Sushimi, I just recently joined with a sparking interest in role play.
I love playing RPGs such as TES: Skyrim, and I wanted to try RPing. As you can see I enjoy fantasy settings immensely, I find any story plot is fine by me. I also like different genres, any genre most of the time in fact (depending on how I feel).

I also have a dream of becoming an author/novelist, so I thought maybe here I can improve my writing skills. Since I'm still new around here I may need some help getting around as I've never really role played before (except acting classes if that counts haha).

Anyway, I look forward to my first role play and hope to meet new people! [emoji1]
I can really empathize with your dream! I used to want to be an author, and actually wrote a novel thanks to RPing I did and great friends that I had. I've recently wanted to get back into it because it helped so much with creative outlet. Although I'm a music major now, I can really speak volumes for how much RPing can help a writer. I hope you have great experiences here as I hope to!

Voices said:
I can really empathize with your dream! I used to want to be an author, and actually wrote a novel thanks to RPing I did and great friends that I had. I've recently wanted to get back into it because it helped so much with creative outlet. Although I'm a music major now, I can really speak volumes for how much RPing can help a writer. I hope you have great experiences here as I hope to!
That's great to hear you wrote a novel! I have yet to write one myself but that's one of my goals in the long term.

HelloSushimi said:
That's great to hear you wrote a novel! I have yet to write one myself but that's one of my goals in the long term.
Well I sincerely hope you reach you goal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back