Hello! Total noob here

IctoraPost

You've got mail
Hey there! My name's IctoraPost (no my real name, obviously). I'm completely new to roleplaying and have no idea what I'm doing. I saw this site the other day and thought, "Hey, that looks kinda fun! I've got some spare time, so I might as well join!"

So, yeah. I'm an absolute beginner to this stuff and I've never done anything like this before, but I hope this will turn out to be quite interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be totally happy to teach you the ways of roleplaying! Welcome to the community and to roleplaying, dear! 

@Captain Gensokyo No idea. Anything, really. I guess I'll have to get some experience before I can really know what my preferences are.

Well, I'd start with what sort of genres you like reading or watching on TV. That's where I began a while back and here I am now. 

Hmm... Then maybe I'll do some fantasy stuff to start off with. Do I just go onto the Interest Checks and reply to the one I want to join?

That depends. Would you rather roleplay privately with only one other person or with a group, which a varying amount of other people? If the first one, there is a thread where you can find partners. 

And for the latter, yea, Interest Checks are the place to go. The only problem with that is it can take a little bit for the roleplay to actually begin. As the name suggests, the point of Interest Checks are to gather some people to roleplay.

Huh. Is it that easy? I'll go have a look then.

Roleplaying with only one other person seems a bit too... intimate for me. Maybe when I'm more experienced at this.

I dislike role-playing privately myself. You feel obligated to reply quickly and there are no other people to interact with. It's complicated. 

Noob!

nah, that's so 2014.

Anyway, welcome to RPN and roleplaying! To fully know your preference, try joining a 1x1 roleplay (or you can message me) and/or a GROUP rp! Then we also have roleplays that is simple ("She entered the room"), casual ("She twisted the doorknob pushed the door open.") and detailed ("She wrapped her hand around the silver doorknob, her reflection distorted on its round surface. The doorknob was cold under her touch, as though hissing the unfortunate future that awaits her. Nevertheless, she twisted the door open. It creeked like a rickety wooden floor, sending goosebumps all over her. With the small slit she made, she slipped inside."). For genres, we have Fantasy, Modern/Realistic, Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Nation Building (where you build your own world/countries, go wars with other countries and etc), Fandom (Fandom is basically like Fanfictions), Dice (Like Dungeons and Dragons), and Colosseum (the roleplays there have no certain plots like the rest, they just do battles and all that).

I would love to help so if you have some questions, do not hesitate to ask me! You can message me or post in my profile anytime! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back