Hearthstones and Underworld Manse

Underworld Manse gave an Abyssal the same as Manse does for DBs' date=' while if they took Manse they got them at the same cost as Solars, I think.[/quote']
Accccctually, taking Manse gave them a Manse one level lower than the background rating they took in it. I think taking it at level one gives them a level one Demense.

Abyssal Underworld Manse Background:

X - None

1 - One Hearthstone of Level 1 or 2

2 - No more than three dots in Hearthstone

3 - One Level 3 Hearthstone and three levels worth of 1s or 2s.

4 - One Level 4 Hearthstone and four levels worth of 1s, 2s, or 3s.

5 - One Level 5 Hearthstone and five levels worth of 1s, 2s, or 3s.

As for the Essence capacitors and so forth, well, there are a lot of toys out there that normally require hearthstones to operate...most of which are Magitech...if they want the Alchies to be heavy into magitech, they needed to give them som'at of the sort.

I know, but essence capacitors are sooooo terrible. I wouldn't mind if they had a "Manse" background that only offered essence recovery as a hearthstone of that rating, but capacitors are a very, very poor substitute. I say the alchie energy demands are more likely to be met by arcanobezoir, although I still fail to see why they can't have their own versions of the manse background. It'd be a fundamentally different system, but nonetheless a sort of manse.

I even have an idea for such a system that I may write and publish..

Its almost scary seeing certain people agree.
If you are right you are right, do not disagree with someone just because they anoy me, not the Jakk Bey anoys me, I'll agree with TSA if he's right, although I'll metion the pain of the act.

It sounds like in the Exalted 2e book (or Storyteller Companion?), that they'll be making Underworld Hearthstones follow the same idea as Creation ones.  Or at least, that's what I gather from the blurb about Abyssals not regaining essence in Creation except from their Hearthstones.  Forgot which book I read that in, but honestly in my opinion, balancing your essence expenditure, and essence regen charms, is half of the fun behind playing an Abyssal in Creation-based games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back