Hearthstones and Essence

terrormortus

I've played Exalted for a while and am usually like a encyclopedia with random information but something has always seemed to allude me. Several times either on forums or first hand it has mentioned that possessing a hearthstone allows you to regenerate more essence. Could someone please give me the rate or a reference? This has been bothering me for awhile.

On page 380 of the core rulebook there is a box that has basic information on hearthstones, though in Oadenal's codex it also talks about the various extra powers a hearthstone might hold.

I'm not sure what Jagane is talking about, but the Essence respiration enhancement for demesnes, manses and hearthstones is explained in full on page 133 of the corebook.

maybe he's refering to the list of Hearthstones near the back of the main book, rather than the information provided under the manse background for the amount of Essence a Hearthstone provides you with?

I believe the orichalcium Hearthstone Amulet also increases this value by a small amount for Solars, Terrormortus; in case that's also relevant for you.

I'm not sure what Jagane is talking about' date=' but the Essence respiration enhancement for demesnes, manses and hearthstones is explained in full on page 133 of the corebook.[/quote']
Thanks Plaque of Hats that was exactly what I was looking for.

wardog said:
maybe he's refering to the list of Hearthstones near the back of the main book, rather than the information provided under the manse background for the amount of Essence a Hearthstone provides you with?
I believe the orichalcium Hearthstone Amulet also increases this value by a small amount for Solars, Terrormortus; in case that's also relevant for you.
Hearthstone Amulet's are one of my favorite artifacts for just that reason. Though all of the amulets increase essence regeneration, not just solars.

I'm not sure what Jagane is talking about' date=' but the Essence respiration enhancement for demesnes, manses and hearthstones is explained in full on page 133 of the corebook.[/quote']
Sorry was half awake when I gave the link, just saw the word hearthstone and figured it was what was needed, the essence bonus for attuned material also fooled my sleep deprived brain when I skimmed over it. ><

Page 113 of the core manual also shows the rate at which someone attuned can regain essence, 382-384 contains info on some hearthstone powers. Though these are only with attunement, I haven't been able to find any info on if you get anything special if you haven't been attuned to the manse that the hearthstone ultimately comes from so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back