• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Haven Falls :: A Small Town Slice-of-Life

thatonegirl28

partially awake
Roleplay Type(s)

a roleplay by me

Haven Falls

A Small Town Slice-of-Life

main

cs

ooc

Drugstore Houses

Garrett Kato

• The hidden gem...

Haven Falls, North Dakota -- once a huge, bubbling city full of activity, that has definitely seen better days. Despite having fallen out of its glory days, Haven Falls still boasts a population of around 15,000. It's now become sort of a hidden gem, with small towns peppering the dense wilderness around it.

Nestled on the edge of Crystal Lake, with the beautiful Haven Falls -- for which the town was so aptly named after -- overlooking it, there's plenty to do. As... long as you enjoy being outdoors -- or partaking in a handful of different activities with the businesses that are still struggling to hold on. Of course, the teens of the area have found their own ways to make fun in the middle of nowhere. Parties, naturally, being at the top of the agenda.

------------​

In case you couldn't tell, Haven Falls will be a small town, high school, slice of life roleplay.

However, I am hoping to do things a little bit different. I've always wanted a roleplay where the characters grew and aged, but I've never been able to see a roleplay make it past Season 1. So... the goal here is to do just that. Make it past that first year.

So the roleplay will be following a Seasons format with the intention for it to be a long-term roleplay. What this means is that (much like a television show), there will be a series of "episodes" or "skips" that will take place throughout the school year. Once we reach the end of those, we'll do a few month skip to a new year, and then start the second season from there.

Right now, I'm thinking the total number of skips (or scenes) will be around 10-12. Of course, this will be open for editing if there's other scenes that the roleplayers want.

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

For mobile users:
Haven Falls, North Dakota -- once a huge, bubbling city full of activity, that has definitely seen better days. Despite having fallen out of its glory days, Haven Falls still boasts a population of around 15,000. It's now become sort of a hidden gem, with small towns peppering the dense wilderness around it.

Nestled on the edge of Crystal Lake, with the beautiful Haven Falls -- for which the town was so aptly named after -- overlooking it, there's plenty to do. As... long as you enjoy being outdoors -- or partaking in a handful of different activities with the businesses that are still struggling to hold on. Of course, the teens of the area have found their own ways to make fun in the middle of nowhere. Parties, naturally, being at the top of the agenda.

------------

In case you couldn't tell, Haven Falls will be a small town, high school, slice of life roleplay.

However, I am hoping to do things a little bit different. I've always wanted a roleplay where the characters grew and aged, but I've never been able to see a roleplay make it past Season 1. So... the goal here is to do just that. Make it past that first year.

So the roleplay will be following a Seasons format with the intention for it to be a long-term roleplay. What this means is that (much like a television show), there will be a series of "episodes" or "skips" that will take place throughout the school year. Once we reach the end of those, we'll do a few month skip to a new year, and then start the second season from there.

Right now, I'm thinking the total number of skips (or scenes) will be around 10-12. Of course, this will be open for editing if there's other scenes that the roleplayers want.

ABOUT THE ROLEPLAY
So the biggest, probably most different part of this roleplay will be the character creation. As such, I've outlined the rules that I plan to have surrounding the characters. And yes, some of this can definitely be bent -- just talk with me! I'm not a huge stickler with the rules, as long as we can work out something that makes sense. So, without further ado:

• Characters do NOT have to be from the school. They could be from a different school, temporarily visiting, whatever floats your boat.

• The (majority) of characters will be between the ages of 14-18 since this the main setting for this is high school. At least for the first season. Yes, I will allow some exceptions to this for some side characters if wanted -- just DM me.

• You will be able to start off with a max of three characters. Once the first skip starts, you will NOT be able to add new characters until later into the roleplay, even if you have not yet met your limit.

• There will be set skips where you may introduce new characters or drop characters. I want to try and make it so that everyone can get to know the entire cast before new characters are added.

• I encourage you to try and hold out and drop any characters you might not be feeling at the end of the season. That way, no one is left high and dry with plots!

• Characters that are in every skip will be considered main characters. However, side characters will also be allowed. These may be characters that only show up for a few skips, at certain scenes throughout, or just appear for plot arcs.

RULES
1) Literacy. I ask for a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs that are at least four-five lines each. Obviously if you can't reach this every time, that's perfectly okay -- it happens, and we all have bad muse, or it's just the kind of interaction that does better with shorter, more rapid-fire responses. That's fine. However, I do ask for this as a general minimum.

2) Due to mature themes, we ask that all writers are at least 18 years old.

3) You will be expected to write at least one post per active character every week. Of course, if something in life comes up and you're unable to do so, just reach out and let me know. I'm fine with members going on break as long as they need -- just let me know!

4) Keep your OOC drama to a minimum. Or better yet, non-existent. If you're uncomfortable with someone or have any kind of issues, my DMs are always open, so feel free to message me with any concerns.

5) We will be using a Discord server for OOC. If you're interested, please just post below, and I'll make sure to send you a link to said server. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
KAOS KAOS Hi, I'm one of the GMs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I did try to DM you to send you an invite link to the Discord, but wasn't able to do so.

KAOS KAOS Hi, I'm one of the GMs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I did try to DM you to send you an invite link to the Discord, but wasn't able to do so.
It's because I have the setting of only those I follow can send me inbox.
Please, feel free to send it again, you should be able to. Sorry bout tha

Thank you all for the interest! DMs with invite links should've been sent out. Let me know if you didn't get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back