• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Edric Blight

WHOOOO ME?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I'm Edric Blight, also known as sumdog. If you'd like to add me on Discord, we can chat there (my username is sumdog88)! Looks like I might have some time here so I'm back on the hunt for a 1x1 partner again! (:

Let me just start off and get this out of the way quickly: I am absolutely NOT ghost friendly. If you're checking this thread and planning on messaging me to start something but really are just here to waste both mine and your time, please leave. It's harsh, I know, but if you're planning on ghosting and dropping at any point without telling me, kindly do not interact.

Now, if I haven't scared you away, that does not mean I expect you to be bound to me by some wacky roleplay contract or life debt. All I mean is that if, at any point, whatever the reason be, you are no longer interested in our roleplay, PLEASE tell me honestly. I genuinely will not freak out on you, all I ask is just for open, honest, and transparent communication. So please, don't ghost me and if you do happen to no longer be interested in our story, just let me know. I promise I'll understand.

I just wanted to get that out of the way first. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's ghosting. I'll treat you with human decency and kindness and I would hope you would do the same back. I know it's not typical that someone starts out their interest check like this, but it's a huge thing for me. I hope you can understand.

----

Ok, now for the juicy stuff- the stuff you probably came here for! The actual interest check!

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a Harry Potter Male x Male roleplay! Specifically, I'm looking for this to be OC x OC. I can play canon but not only do I feel I'm not fantastic at it, but I honestly just don't really enjoy it. I much prefer OCs and the creative freedoms to play your own character. It just feels more real and enjoyable to me. So that being said, if you are on the hunt for something involving canon characters, unfortunately, this might not be the interest check post for you.

As four Hogwarts house pairings, I can pretty much play any house against any house, but, I am more well-versed in playing either a Gryffindor as my OC or a Slytherin. But, I can always tackle a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff if you'd like! (:

In terms of specific plots, I don't necessarily have any. I'd love to plot that with you though! But, as a basic and loose plot outline, here's something I really find I enjoy. I'm a big fan of starting our characters off during their first year on the very first night at Hogwarts and playing out their seven years (and perhaps beyond). We can plot what we do if we choose to go this route, like certain mysteries or monsters each year for our little guys to tackle and whatnot. I always find it so fun to watch our boys grow and develop from little kids to young adults, it's so fun to me. Keep in mind this would be with the hopes of having it be a long term roleplay. I guess I can do short term roleplays but I much prefer the longer term stories.

----

Now, moving on to what I require from you. It's really not that much in my opinion. First, as stated above, don't ghost me. Just tell me if at any point you no longer want to do this. Once you tell me why, I'll never pester you again- promise, you have my word. I will not be on your butt for the entirety of your time here on RPNation. We can agree to mutually part ways, respectfully. Building on this, a big thing I like and kind of expect from my partners is open and honest communication. I feel it helps a story survive and leads to a healthy relationship with writing partners.

Next big thing is in regards to face claims. I know this might be controversial and many people might be turned off about this or disagree, but it's my preference. If you don't like it, that's ok. For face claims, I ABSOLUTELY require realistic face claims. I do not accept animated, cartoon, or hand-drawn. Sorry, but this is a big thing for me. I need to have a realistic visual of our characters. If you at any point need help finding a face claim should this not be your forte, ask! I'd be happy to help! If we're starting them off younger and during their first years, I typically like to find a child actor of some sort so I have both face claims of when they were younger and when they're a bit older as a teen (if they've been in the business long enough). Also it's nice because the person will be semi-famous and not like some random kid lol.

While I don't necessarily require this, it is very nice to have, and that is OOC chatter, or rather, a partner who is willing to be ENGAGED with plotting and general OOC chatter. I find it really hard to plot, write, or even talk with a partner who isn't really as into it as I am. What I mean by this is I just do not vibe well with people who give dry responses and those who seem like they really aren't as passionate about creating and writing a story as I am. Please, don't hesitate to spam me in OOC about ideas, gushing over our characters (I know I sure love to do this!), or really anything, hell, even if its not RP related! I just really love to talk and become friends with my partners. It makes the process even more enjoyable to me. (:

Finally, the last thing I require of my partners is for them not to give me one-liners. All I ask is that I have something to reply to. I won't do one-liners but other than that, I have no length requirement. Quality over quantity as they always say. I feel like this requirement isn't too wild or out there. I can typically write a wide range, sometimes a ton (like with starter posts particularly), and sometimes maybe just three or four paragraphs. All depends on the circumstances. So yea, no one liners please. :3

----

I think that should be all! I know it's a bit short in terms of an interest check but I think I've covered everything. Please, either message me through DMs or comment down below! I can't wait to hear from you all and I'm so excited to get plotting and eventually writing! (:

If you would like to talk via Discord (where I honestly find plotting and OOC easier), my username is sumdog88. Keep in mind I won't do RPs over there, but I absolutely will do OOC.

Have a magical day!

----

Flying Harry Potter GIF by The Story Room

Update: no longer doing OOC on Discord. OOC will be kept strictly on site for me.

Hello Edric!

I don't know if you found a partner already, but just in case you are still on the search, i am very interested in dive into the Harry Potter universe once again.

I've been doing RPGs for quite some time now (around 13 years to be exactly), mainly in web sites that were or are HP related, so i think i have some things i could bring to the table and help you to create a very interesting history.

Oh and i'm completely on board with your conditions btw. If anything, i'll be the first one to tell you when i shall decrease my activity. I don't tend to ghost people simple because i hate when they do it to me hahah

The only thing is: i'm latin, so do not expect from me the best english ever. I'll try my best to sound as much polished as i always intend to be read when i'm writing in my original language. If that puts you off, i will understand.

I'll be waiting for your answer!

Hello Edric!

I don't know if you found a partner already, but just in case you are still on the search, i am very interested in dive into the Harry Potter universe once again.

I've been doing RPGs for quite some time now (around 13 years to be exactly), mainly in web sites that were or are HP related, so i think i have some things i could bring to the table and help you to create a very interesting history.

Oh and i'm completely on board with your conditions btw. If anything, i'll be the first one to tell you when i shall drecrease my activity. I don't tend to ghost people simple because i hate when they do it to me hahah

The only thing is: i'm latin, so do not expect from me the best english ever. I'll try my best to sound as much polished as i always intend to be read when i'm writing in my original language. If that puts you off, i will understand.

I'll be waiting for your answer!
Hi there Jank!

Thank you so much for reaching out! I’m so glad you’re interested! : D

I absolutely adore the Harry Potter universe and Hogwarts setting too! I’m still looking so you’re in luck my friend! (:

You’ve certainly got more experience than me haha, I’ve only been doing this four about two years now, but still, I’m always eager to learn and try new things and write with people of all kinds of ranges of experience!

Sounds like we’d be absolutely perfect partners for each other considering you’re cool with the conditions! (:
All I ask from my partners is just a heads up, so that’s much appreciated. It certainly irks me when both me and my partners’ times are wasted and I’m ghosted lol.

As for English not being your first language, that’s totally ok! Not that I could suitably roleplay in Spanish, but I took the language in school for many years. In addition to that, I have written with PLENTY of partners who didn’t speak English as their first language. So, I do appreciate the heads up, but I’d absolutely love to write with you despite that! Your English looks really good in just that short post so I have no concerns. (:
I can’t wait to write, it does not put me off at all!

I do see you’re a new account, I’m not sure if you can send DMs yet, but would you like to move this conversation there? If so, I can totally start us up a DM! (:

Sounds great then!

and yes, i'm fine with moving the conversation to DM's. I'll be waiting for your message.

If i do not reply back inmediately it's because i'm falling asleep like right now hahah it's very late in my country. I will text you back as soon as i turn on the phone again!

Sounds great then!

and yes, i'm fine with moving the conversation to DM's. I'll be waiting for your message.

If i do not reply back inmediately it's because i'm falling asleep like right now hahah it's very late in my country. I will text you back as soon as i turn on the phone again!
All good! It’s late where I am too!

I’ll start the DM, you respond to it whenever is best for you! : D

Are you possibly still looking?
If so I wouldn't mind potentially chatting to see if we would be a good fit?
I totally understand your conditions!

hello <3 if you’re still searching for an rp partner i’d love to discuss something with you!

some fair warnings before fully reaching out is i am a busy bee, i work full time and have other things outside of that, so replies can take a bit, but i do try to be communicative with my rp partners and if i won’t have time to respond to something.

hello <3 if you’re still searching for an rp partner i’d love to discuss something with you!

some fair warnings before fully reaching out is i am a busy bee, i work full time and have other things outside of that, so replies can take a bit, but i do try to be communicative with my rp partners and if i won’t have time to respond to something.
Hi! Yea still looking!

I appreciate the heads up tho! I think we can make things work out! (:

I’d love to write and plot with ya! : D

On second thought, opening this back up! Looking particularly for highly active partners with good communication skills not prone to ghosting! (: (Tall order to ask for, I know, but I'm hopeful)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back