Guns, Guns, Guns... and Modern Equipment [Through the Looking Glass]

Andoriol

Right! Anyways, what equipment are you thinking about for your characters? Guns/tools/modern-day stuff, including possible cars. They need to be statted up a bit and I'd like to know what you're thinking about for your characters.

I putted nice link in other thread.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Main_Page

God page with list of many guns and weapon accessories that were in movie/animes/etc. With that anyone will find something for himself. In case if any of you saw some goon movie or something and wondered what gun main hero or villain used as favored weapon.

I already founded few guns that i what to customize and use.

Tools? Hmmm... There is so many. But i think I'll go mainly go for spy gadgets. ( bugs, and other stuff like this.)

Transports. I know! I what Pontiac Firebird from 1967( with few adjustments like nitro, bulletproof windows etc.) Also i think my character to have chopper( around resources 4 or 5 worth battle machine on two wheels).

A better resource for looking up all the guns of the world is of course, Wikipedia, but there's another place I also like to use. Guns.ru, or more specifically the English version. Surprisingly little-to-nil in the way of Blind Idiot Translations.

Also, anyway, if you want a specific kind of gun and I haven't already statted it up, by all means mention it and I'll jump right on it.

Do anyone know maybe a good site with combat knifes and other melee weaponry?

Now to think about it. Better if I'll go look for inspiration for some equipment. Friend borrowed me Alpha Protocol and you can find few interesting things in this game. And since i plan to take Craftsman Need no Tools...Well. Lets say custom made grenade launcher won't be big problem.

Well, after going through some research here, I've decided to go with two S&Ws, as that seems the "Simple enough" route given the requirements the Bureau has: The M&P semi-auto with a Model 10 revolver as backup.

It's unlikely I'll want to load up on ballistic armor, but if the situation requires it, I'd probably go with a legacy PASGT modified for police use.

Aasharu said:
An Original Model CZ 75, with a walnut grip as explained Here.
Done.

Personally, I'd call a special walnut grip a custom accessory that costs about $200 and grants a +1 bonus to accuracy* for the person it was custom carved for, with a -1 external penalty for everyone else until they've spent a scene familiarizing themselves with the gun, but the ST hasn't given me free range to assign things like that, so you'll have to ask him.

*Maybe. Accuracy's a pretty big deal, and normally I'd reserve Accuracy for things like a reflex sight or a laser target designator. My other thought was to make it a +1 bonus on Join Battle rolls for it being a perfect draw for the person it was made for.

Jaksio, for modeling any kind of modern Combat Knife, I'd just start with the Knife from Exalted page 366, call it some degree of Fine, Exceptional or Perfect equipment. Some knives, like those used by Ghurkas and other peoples known for using exceptionally big knives (Crocodile Dundee's knife comes to mind) might even be Short Swords.

Fabricati, I've also added your Smith & Wessons to the page as well.

Thanks for hint. Now for the guns me char will own.

Daam. Andoriol said that i have 40 dots or resource wort i can spend on any equipment( salvaged on dead enemies, stolen from weapon dealers or some gained other way). And this alone give me quite a choice to own few examples of any kind of firearm.

But i wonder if with proper skills and charm i can custom them? Like adding some unique part for increasing their performance?( Turning two Beretta 93R into full-automatic pistols? Making FN Five-SeveN USG barrel into build-in silencer?) Or just treat it like increasing thiner quality ( exceptional will become perfect and so on). Or both.

Very nice description, ShadowDragon, except it's missing one of the other unique features of the Original CZ 75, as opposed to every version since - the original was made with high quality steel, in fact, the highest quality steel ever used in a handgun. It knocks the price up another 2k, but also makes it far more accurate, (perhaps a +1 to accuracy.)

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Personally, I'd call a special walnut grip a custom accessory that costs about $200 and grants a +1 bonus to accuracy* for the person it was custom carved for, with a -1 external penalty for everyone else until they've spent a scene familiarizing themselves with the gun, but the ST hasn't given me free range to assign things like that, so you'll have to ask him.
*Maybe. Accuracy's a pretty big deal, and normally I'd reserve Accuracy for things like a reflex sight or a laser target designator. My other thought was to make it a +1 bonus on Join Battle rolls for it being a perfect draw for the person it was made for.
I'm also iffy on giving a bonus to accuracy from that, but I'm not coming up with anything better off the top of my head. Let's go with +1 to Join Battle rolls on that one as it makes sense.

Aasharu said:
Very nice description, ShadowDragon, except it's missing one of the other unique features of the Original CZ 75, as opposed to every version since - the original was made with high quality steel, in fact, the highest quality steel ever used in a handgun. It knocks the price up another 2k, but also makes it far more accurate, (perhaps a +1 to accuracy.)
Then it's Perfect equipment and that's where one of the bonuses go :D

Jakiso, this:

Jaksio, for modeling any kind of modern Combat Knife, I'd just start with the Knife from Exalted page 366, call it some degree of Fine, Exceptional or Perfect equipment. Some knives, like those used by Ghurkas and other peoples known for using exceptionally big knives (Crocodile Dundee's knife comes to mind) might even be Short Swords.
Shadow pre-empted my answer on that one. Modern knive (combat or otherwise)may not look like the knives in the Core book, but they are functionally the same as far as game mechanics go. Depending on where the bonuses from Fine, Exceptional, or Perfect go, it comes out to a different design and different kind of knife.

I'm getting started on a list of fire-arm accessories and their mechanical effects now, any requests?

Which, speaking of requests, Shadow, a 'standard' Tommy Gun by the rules we're using would turn out about like this wouldn't you think?

• Speed: 4
  • Accuracy: -2
  • Damage: 5L
  • Rate: 3*
  • Magazine: Variable
  • Range: 20
  • Tags: 2h, *Full-Auto

If it's perfect equipment, then I'd put the +2 into accuracy, with the remaining 2 +1s going into... speed and damage, maybe?

Aasharu said:
If it's perfect equipment, then I'd put the +2 into accuracy, with the remaining 2 +1s going into... speed and damage, maybe?
Probably, though I'm thinking about ruling that almost all modern equipment that you buy is probably Fine quality+, in which case something being perfect would add a +2 and a +1, with stuff characters make that isn't Fine+ actually losing a base stat instead due to all the precise machining and such.

Thinking, not sure yet.

Andoriol said:
Aasharu said:
Then it's Perfect equipment and that's where one of the bonuses go :D
I might dispute that in the absence of a statistical proof of the accuracy of a wide range of original CZ-75s versus the newer models, but yeah. Jack the price up another two grand and increase the Accuracy by +2 if that's what that model was especially known for.

I'm getting started on a list of fire-arm accessories and their mechanical effects now, any requests?
Silencer (I'd say it should make gunfire not be Obvious even inside it's first range increment, granting the shooter a +2 bonus on the roll to remain hidden.)

Reflex Sights. (Red-dot sights, I'd say +1 accuracy straight-up.)

Scopes (Treat all attacks as within the first range increment even out to the third and a +1/+2 bonus on Accuracy, but the weapon has to be Aimed for a number of rounds equal to the range increment the target is at to gain the bonus at all.)

Laser target designators. (Probably also a +1 to accuracy.)

Infra-Red Illuminators and Infra-Red target designators (gives you a flashlight that only you and others who can see into the Infra-Red spectrum can see, and/or an infra-red laser targeting sight that only you and others who can see into the Infra-Red spectrum can see.)

Which, speaking of requests, Shadow, a 'standard' Tommy Gun by the rules we're using would turn out about like this wouldn't you think?
  • Speed: 4
  • Accuracy: -2
  • Damage: 5L
  • Rate: 3*
  • Magazine: Variable
  • Range: 20
  • Tags: 2h, *Full-Auto
Actually, the Thompson wasn't very inaccurate at all. They said that wise-guys could actually spell out their names in a wall with the Chicago Typewriter. It was all-around beloved by anyone who had the fortune to have his enemies form an orderly queue on the wrong side of his gun-sight; the reason it fell out of favor was because it was bulky, heavy, and rather maintenance-intensive.

It's certanly a hell of a lot more accurate than a MAC-10. I'd give it a +0 accuracy. You also lowballed the damage; Tommy guns fire .45 ACP, which is a 5L, but they also have a hugely long barrel length, which raises that to 7L.

Well, let's see, I'd probably have the Standard Gubmint Black Car , which probably means a Ford Crown Vic Interceptor ((CVPI)) or some fancy issue thing for recruiting work, though that's unlikely.

The other thing I'd pick up, mostly for personal use, is a Honda Goldwing, which even with all the bells and whistles I want (Passenger Armrests, headsets, navigational GPS, what have you) comes well within my yearly dispensary income at a nice $28 K. Pop in an extra thousand for safety equipment in silver/grey/black. Which, I realize, will probably bleach to white. I don't care.

And at that it's still half the price of a luxury car with similar reputation and bells and whistles. Eat me, Benz. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back