Guild intrigue

Would you be interested in a Guild themed game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I think I'd like to go with the slave girl. It'd be interesting to play a Solar in slavery who feels obligated to stay enslaved. Bit of a martyr complex, perhaps.

Hmm... well, I've got Craft [Fire], Melee and Presence pretty high, since I decided to go with the blacksmith Fire-Aspect. She's also got some merchantile skills, like Bureaucracy and Larceny. :D

If she's guarding a Guild caravan, it's probably because she's got some of her own goods in it.

Do you have room for one more? It seems that the only way I can get to play Exalted is by PbP. No one in my group knows enough about it to run the game, saying that "running Exalted is my thing". Sigh.

I was thinking about a Air Aspect Monk. With a caravan going over so much ground, having people able to talk to and hurt them if necessary is a good thing.

So, is this game going to move out of the discussion stage?

DFR said:
So I graduate from school this December 16th, yeah! With that I will finally have the time to run a game of exalted on the PbP site.
That being said, I am thinking about running a game involving almost exclusively the world of the Guild.

Characters would be a trading caravan that tends to handle the more "interesting" things that the guild trades.

Let me know if you think you would be interested in playing sometime towards the end of January.

Thanks!

Heh, well like myself DFR has mad classes at the moment. Surprisingly enough, I should be done around the same time, only I'm not getting my degree yet.

Yes this game is going to start around the end of January...I have about 2 weeks of school left and then I plan to get this thing all worked out.

I have not set a limit to how many players we are going to have so if you are interested let me know.

Are you allowing Merits and Flaws?

The idea I'm pondering right now is a Immaculate trained Dynast that has been recruited by a member of the Gold Faction. I travel with the Guild with the additional cover story of spreading the truth of the IO, but in reality, looking out for newly Exalted Solars to get them to one of the Cult of the Illuminated training camps.

Sherwood,

Two things to think about.

Despite the uneasy truce that is going on between the guild and the realm, the guild would be very uneasy about your allegiance to the IO. They usually look for those that have no other allegiances.

However, I said there would be two things.

This little party is going to be a very unconventional guild organization. The players in this game are going to be doing some very covert stuff...so having an immaculate with ties to that organization might be very helpful.

Sorry, had to think your character through to see if would fit. I think it would, you get DFR's stamp of approval...for what it is worth :oops:

I was also thinking about taking a point or two in the background Sifu from the Sidereal book, since I'm still learning the art and reporting in on what I see, but it is not normally allowed for a DB. What say you?

You still looking for characters? If so, I have a character idea that I've been looking to try . . . Lookshy gunzosha battle thaumaturge who exalts Twilight, Lookshy pawns her off as a "security consultant" type thing on someone else (in this case the guild, who would stick her in with these misfits) until they can evaluate her mental stability/make sure she isn't going to go crazy and become a huge security risk.

I like those ideas, adds a lot of flavor to the game.

As far as other comments go, I am still taking new players.

Getting close to G day for me (graduation day) so after next week I will begin getting this game together.

Hey DFR, I sent a PM to ya with a draft of my character a bit ago. Did you have a chance to take a look at it?

I got a chance to glance it over, this is my week of finals for college so I have been pretty crazy busy. Plus my daughter turned 1 yesterday...so preparing for that also took a ton of time.

So needless to say, this weekend I will take a look at it more in depth.

Congrats on the munchkin. Tell her happy B-day from us.

Plus, I understand about not having much free time. I just finished one final exam, and have two more to get ready for tomorrow.

Grats on the first birth anniversary. Man, my son is almost 9 as of Feb so it is weird thinking back to when he was only 1 year old.

DFR, are you going to be putting that game together by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back