guard action with a counter attack charm

Although it isn't unreasonable to guess the aim is interrupted, the rules don't say it is, and I don't think that's an oversight; You can view counterattacks as auto pilot if it helps. They aren't meant to interrupt what you are doing - that would suck because then you could only use them while turtling.

I've let PC's use them while picking locks.

Although it isn't unreasonable to guess the aim is interrupted, the rules don't say it is, and I don't think that's an oversight; You can view counterattacks as auto pilot if it helps. They aren't meant to interrupt what you are doing - that would suck because then you could only use them while turtling.
I've let PC's use them while picking locks.
According to the rules, you can't do aim whilst picking locks. You can only interrupt an Aim action to make an attack. And an Aim action cannot be flurried, which is what you'd have to do if you were aiming and picking at the same time. You want to allow it, that's fine. But I don't think it works either according to the rules or thematically. You have to pay attention in order to aim, and if you're doing something else, the aim doesn't really pan out.

Again, nobody reads the rules. Counterattacks of course do not interrupt aim actions because they are magically granted -out of the order of *regular* combat- actions. You can counterattack while sitting on a table and doing calligraphy. You can counterattack whenever someone attacks you, regardless of you do yourself, as long as you have a weapon readied and are capable of doing combat.

Safim said:
Again, nobody reads the rules. Counterattacks of course do not interrupt aim actions because they are magically granted -out of the order of *regular* combat- actions. You can counterattack while sitting on a table and doing calligraphy. You can counterattack whenever someone attacks you, regardless of you do yourself, as long as you have a weapon readied and are capable of doing combat.
Dude, I said the rules say nothing about your action getting interrupted, then I backed it up with some brief but fair reasoning. You're snarky. I get it. What else do you want?

Safim said:
Again' date=' nobody reads the rules. Counterattacks of course do not interrupt aim actions because they are magically granted -out of the order of *regular* combat- actions. You can counterattack while sitting on a table and doing calligraphy. You can counterattack whenever someone attacks you, regardless of you do yourself, as long as you have a weapon readied and are capable of doing combat.[/quote']
Dude, I said the rules say nothing about your action getting interrupted, then I backed it up with some brief but fair reasoning. You're snarky. I get it. What else do you want?
Dude, the rules say something about the counterattack not interrupting anything. Read them. Your reasoning was brief, but wrong. I am not snarky, you are just not reading the rules, which frankly is your fault and not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back