News Groups Unfortunately Broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was nowhere near it when it broke, you can't prove anything! It was already broken when I got there.... I mean it only wobbled a litt-

Oh right, it was old. Yea, let's go with that. So nevermind, we understand. Thanks for the assisting with clone site and we know it not your fault, just bad luck it's your first announcement. I'm sure the rest of your announcements will be much better and more awesome!

fandomlover5412 said:
Wait what new incoming forum functionality? (This is only my 4th day on here)
Shiny new BBCode to make our RP's look even more awesome and forums for all to RP in \o/ So, multiple IC threads and what not :D

CRAPPPPP. Our RP was on there and pretty big. I had a lot of content up... There's no way for me to get it back? This update essentially destroyed our RP. =(

revo said:
CRAPPPPP. Our RP was on there and pretty big. I had a lot of content up... There's no way for me to get it back? This update essentially destroyed our RP. =(
It wasn't an update we did, it was the addon that powered it, deciding to break.

You'll be able to recover your content to move over to the live site over at http://groups.rpnation.com when the link starts working.

revo said:
Should I wait to move the content over until the new RP system is up and running? I don't want to move things twice. Also, when will the new system be live?
Some time before summer ends hopefully.

No don't wait. It will be really easy to transition over to the new system when ever that comes, just grab your content over because the cloned site is not going to be on forever.

Yep, the domain just got pointed to the correct server. I'm putting the site up on a different server than this one because of limited disk space.

Some_Bloke]When I go to the link I get [URL="http://www.TheHelper.net said:
www.TheHelper.net[/URL]
Is that the right place?
Theres many sites on the server, thehelper is @Ghan's site. It needs a few minutes to update and point to the correct place, but that means that hes finally working it :) !

The link will be working properly when its a clone of rpnation from a few days ago that still has groups at the top.

It's better this way in any case because now I don't have to worry about memcached getting confused between the two sites and melding the databases together.

Ghan said:
It's better this way in any case because now I don't have to worry about memcached getting confused between the two sites and melding the databases together.
Oh god, the fabric of reality would break.

Hello! I'm a part of the Avengers group rp and a few other groups that were used for actual roleplays. I'm not mad, nor are the others, just take your time and thank you for the clone site. Could you do us a huge favor(I know the clone site won't last forever) and give us a few days to retrieve the info we need? Thank you!

[QUOTE="Desiree Jordan]Hello! I'm a part of the Avengers group rp and a few other groups that were used for actual roleplays. I'm not mad, nor are the others, just take your time and thank you for the clone site. Could you do us a huge favor(I know the clone site won't last forever) and give us a few days to retrieve the info we need? Thank you!

[/QUOTE]
Thank you Des for getting here before I did. I was going to ask something similar or see if there was a way that our old information could be moved to the new groups system since it is practically impossible to copy all our previous story lines... like the ones that started way back in January.

[QUOTE="Helena Sky]Thank you Des for getting here before I did. I was going to ask something similar or see if there was a way that our old information could be moved to the new groups system since it is practically impossible to copy all our previous story lines... like the ones that started way back in January.

[/QUOTE]
No, or we would do so for you in a heart beat, the best we can do is that clone site.

Hey guys,

The clone site for the groups is only going to be up until Monday, as it is too resource intensive for us to keep it running. So make sure you grab your stuff while we can offer it to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back