Greetings from Xylch

Xylch

Signifying nothing
Hello, I'm Xylch. (It's pronounced Zilch and means nothing.) I started RPing on MUSH's years ago and I've played a variety of characters, some of them rather odd. It's been a few years since I've done any RPing, but I feel like getting back into it now and RpNation looks like a good place to do that.

Hey, welcome Xylch. I'm new here myself, but I've been RPing for a pretty decent chunk of years as well. Maybe we'll see each other 'round? :P If not, it was nice to meet you anyway!

I am going to inquire as to why you chose to spell it with 'Xylch' rather than the actual spelling of Zilch.

anywhoo-

Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to RP Nation, where Roleplay is our business.

You've found us, congratulations for choosing the best RP site on the whole intertubes, we're glad you're here and a part of the expanding universe that is RP Nation. Also, now you're officially one of the cool kids.

Before you being your quest to becoming one of the old hats here at RPN, please do take a second and take a look at the site rules. You can find them here: INFO - Official Site Rules | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum.

Unlike the Pirate code, they aren't more like suggestions but rules that we take a bit seriously. If, however, you've got a few pieces of eight you'd like to swing our way, we're always more than happy to take it. (I said, the rules weren't suggestions, never said we weren't piratey mate).

Once you've had a glance over the rules there's more information to be had here: Site Questions & Information | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum. You can find something there to answer just about any question you might have.

Now then, I know that you have to answers that you're wanting answered now and the first is, you can join any RP that is open. You can find the different RP genres here: Roleplays | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

They're set up by genre so if you're looking for that Belgariad fandom RP (sorry, none yet exists here) then you'll know you aren't going to be looking in the futuristic genre. Each genre has an interest check at the top of the page and you can peruse this to see if anyone is wanting to create an RP.

If you are trolling the RPs and you just gotta make your own futuristic version of the Elenium, then you can pick the genre (future or fandom? I don't know!) and create an interest check. In the interest check you can tell the whole world about your RP and what you want to do with it. If you get enough people to say Aye! then you create your RP.

If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with either the moderators of your forum (the genre), the Super moderators, or even the admin staff. You can do that here: Site Questions & Information

If you have any questions you need to address to me, please tag me in your comments as I don't always get to every single response in every welcome thread and I end up missing a lot of questions. You can do that by using the @ before my handle.

Again, welcome to RPN and happy RPing.

Xylin

Department of Human Resources

Xylch said:
(It's pronounced Zilch and means nothing.)
I see what you did there ;D

To second what Thy Beloved Queen of Saltiness said, this site is really good (and the ONLY working one I've managed to find..? All the rest of them have broken email confirmations, but basically only for me...). Although it may get some getting used to, I've found that it's definitely a site worth knowing in times of extreme boredom (which are all too common in my mind). The community here is nice - to second that, I'm going to point out that even after the 900 posts I have so far, not a single person/RPer has been unkind to me. You can always meet new people to RP with and there are not only nice people, but a lot of these people have exceptionally creative and bright minds, which is why I enjoy looking through the Creativity section (
Creativity ). Also, if you are having a hard time finding a RP partner (as I seem to go through one in a month ?.?), then feel free to contact me via Conversation, or some other alternate way if you can't make Conversations..? Tag me or something...

So anyways, I hope you enjoy it here, and seeing that you also enjoy Fantasy RPs, I'll be seeing you around!

(Probably)

@Zylch

~The Arrival

Last edited by a moderator:
Xylin said:
I am going to inquire as to why you chose to spell it with 'Xylch' rather than the actual spelling of Zilch.
It's 'Xylch' because I think letters that sound like other letters are interesting. Also, 'X' is used to indicate something unknown, so starting the name with that suggests it is a little mysterious.

It sort of evolved out of 'QYX'. Years ago, video games in arcades let someone who scored high enough enter their initials. I always entered 'QYX', which were not my initials, but the three letters I thought were the oddest. I took the last two letters from that, turned it into 'Xylch' and that became the name I often used online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back