• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gone Home (A Welcome Home Group Roleplay) (First Come First Served RP Interest Check)

Evie Maiden Of Apples

Eden Chosen
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
welcome home banner.png

"Howdy, neighbor. Welcome Home!"

If you haven't heard of Welcome Home, that's understandable. After all, it only aired on public television from the late sixties until around 1974, only to suddenly go off the air, never to be seen or heard from again. Considered lost media now, we only have glimpses of what the show was like, along with various pieces of merchandise from character Halloween costumes to cereal toys. Thanks to the Welcome Home Restoration Project, who run a website dedicated to preserving the History of the show and its production, a lot has been unearthed regarding Welcome Home and more awareness has been brought to this long lost puppet show.

They have yet to discover a gateway into the neighborhood itself, and hopefully they won't. If opened, it would certainly lead to disaster, for the world of Welcome Home harbors a sinister secret that keeps its residents under lock and key...and under control.

Under the watch of Home, the living and breathing red and blue house in the center of town whose eyes are ever moving, watching, the neighbors live under a spell that makes them believe they are in a real town, when that is far from the truth. And Home wants to keep it that way, he won't allow anyone to wake up from "the dream," and he certainly forbids anyone from leaving. If any neighbor gets closer to the truth, even if by accident, Home uses his powers to keep them under his spell. The only one aware of this is Wally Darling, the host and main character of Welcome Home's show, who holds strong ties to Home. Home blessed Wally with dark power, and Wally is able to see past the faux colorful world around him - a derelict and abandoned television studio in the middle of nowhere, dark and falling apart from the inside out for decades now.

Home is a demon owned by Wally. Home adores Wally, worships the ground he walks on, and he gives him anything he wants. In return, all he asks for is Wally's love, and he is willing to give it. Home is happy, and when Home is happy, everyone is!

That is of course, until the spell starts to weaken.

A small four person team has managed to find the abandoned studio, and they firmly believe it's where Welcome Home was filmed all those years ago. With the outside world starting to bleed in, Home's control is starting to wane, and the neighbors are starting to "wake up" as it were. While Home manages to put them "back to sleep," he's starting to have a hard time doing so thanks to those nosy humans trying to invade his and Wally's paradise. Of course, if they want in, they can never leave the neighborhood, and Wally wouldn't mind having new friends to play with.

Of course, Home wants to welcome these new "friends" personally, and he can't do that as a house! Home decides to make himself a smaller body of felt, the same height as Wally's, and while his house body lays dormant he is free to walk around and talk to the neighbors using real words. With his beloved Wally at his side, the two will welcome these new neighbors with open arms, and trap them in their dream world for all eternity.

Rules

Hello and welcome to the interest thread for Welcome Home, an online horror anthology series made by Clown (putting in that disclaimer because all rights to these characters go to them). My name is Evie, she/her, over the age of 30, and I was disappointed that there was no Welcome Home Group RP in existence so here I am making a custom story using my interpretation of Home.

As far as rules are concerned, I will keep it brief:

1. First come first served RP, so claim your roles while they're hot!
2. You must be over the age of 18 to join this rp due to dark and mature themes.
3. Discord not required.
4. Adhere to RPN rules of course.
5. No bigotry of any kind allowed, that should be obvious.
6. If you have story ideas for your characters, let me know so we can work with it.
7. Do not God-mod another person's character, do not take control of them.
8. No OOC drama of any kind, we're drama free in this chat.
9. At least two paragraphs required per post, and please be literate.
10. Please reply at least once a week. If you need more time, please let me know.
11. Have fun!

Roles
Home - Taken by me
Wally Darling - open (note that Wally in this story will be shipped with Home, and I am looking for a dom/top Wally specifically, so I really need someone open to doing this)
Howdy Pillar - Open
Eddie Dear - Open
Frank Frankly - Open
Julie Joyful - Open
Sally Starlet - Open
Poppy Partridge - Open
Barnaby Beagle - Open
Restoration Team Member 1 - Open
Restoration Team Member 2 - Open
Restoration Team Member 3 - Open
Restoration Team Member 4 - Open​

Last edited: