God/spirit Martial Artists

Lotus1

as many of you know, i am a big fan of designing god pcs on my spare time. now i have always been limited because i am also a major fan of martial arts and i try to intergrate that quite often.

unfortunately gods under essence 5 are limited to terrestrial martial arts which wont do much to defend you against that rampaging lunar or killer abyssal. the celestial martial arts are limited to 6+ essence spirits as a rule.

well i was perusing the scroll of the monk at my local bookstore, when i stumbled upon what, if i remember this right, might be an exception to the rule:

four arguments of virtues style(i believe thats what its called)  a celestial (i believe) martial art that can be learned at essence 3. is this martial arts described in the scroll of the monk or in any book exalted guidebook? i didnt see it in there but i didnt have much time to keep searching for more info.

They are four seperate styles, each centered on a single virtue. They are actually very nice...both thematically, and mechanically. If you want a relativelly pacifistic character that can still defend themself or others, The Art of Victorious Concession is very nice. An effective killer with a temper? The Art of Forceful Declaration is loaded with violent goodness. A defensive powerhouse (perfect defense included), The Art of Meditative Discusion is quite handy. If you want to keep hiting the bastard, and hitting him hard, while shrugging off his own attacks (perfect attack included), then the Art of Relentless Persuasion is a good choice.

On the whole, I would say the Imperfect Lotus is a very good book all around. It has a few flaws, like the unresolved typo involving Golden Exhalation Style and armor...but it's a worthwhile book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back