Getting your ideas out to rp

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hi everyone! How`s it going?

Now, this is mostly for 1x1 ideas.

I`m sure at some point you`ve all had this issue: You created this plot you thought was amazing only to turn out no one joined in.

Now, over my (liitle?) time in RPN I noticed how quickly search threads flooded. It wasn`t that surprising given RPN is a relatively popular site. However, what did surprise me was that many of those threads had practically no replies in contrast with others that had dozens, maybe hundreds of em. My first thoughts were "oh, these other threads must be better written or something". No. Upon a closer look, I discovered but one thing.

It may be just my impression, but it seems to me that many don`t actually give themselves the trouble of actually LOOKING for someone willing to rp rather than waiting for them to come. People would create search threads when just below was a roleplay which fit their exact criteria. What settled the matter for me was when a few days ago I found someone who was near the point of spamming her search thread cause no one was answering, yet she didn`t even realize there were other roleplays already asking for what she wanted filling the 1x1.

So, here`s a piece of advise from me: The next you have a great plot or characters or whatever in mind, think about whether or not you are willing to compromise in some aspects or mix some other ideas in. If you aren`t, go ahead and make the search thread. If you are, then before you look around. There is a high chance someone else is willing to do it and juts haven`t met them yet cause you haven`t tried to find someone who might want to rp the same thing as you do.

What do you think? Let me hear your opinions. If this helped you in any way, please let me know as well.

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out, Idea! I hope more people read this; we really don't need fifteen different threads advertising the same topic, right?

UltraFomi said:
Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out, Idea! I hope more people read this; we really don't need fifteen different threads advertising the same topic, right?
You`re welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back