Genesis Craft

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
@Holden, I see you are lurking around :) ! Can you confirm if it's going away in 3e?

I believe I read somewhere that it was.

Egads! Spotted!

Yeah, Craft (Genesis) is not going to be a 3e Ability, and most likely is going to be the province of sorcerers with Medicine to the degree that you can do it at all.

Holden said:
Egads! Spotted!
Yeah, Craft (Genesis) is not going to be a 3e Ability, and most likely is going to be the province of sorcerers with Medicine to the degree that you can do it at all.
Thanks for taking the time to respond :) !

You should hang out around RPdom more often.

Are you allowed to say if any other craft is changing or a new one is being added?

No yeah, craft creep was an awful fun tax. I was just worried about support for all of the cool things that came with craft genesis, despite its loathsome implementation.

For my second second, you should totally hang out here more often.

My answer to Craft creep has always been "Craft is an Ability, you choose an Elemental Craft per dot you have in Craft. Unlimited specialties for Craft, +1/+2/+3 in a specialty like Genesis or Glamour counts as 1/3/5 dots (or your number of Craft dots, whichever is lower) in that Craft for meeting prereqs." Ergo, an artifact crafter with Craft 4 (Magitech +3, Genesis +1) has an effective four dots in Craft (Earth, Fire, Air, Wood, and Magitech - but not Water until he hits Craft 5), and one dot (although he still rolls his 4 craft + 1 specialty) in Craft(Genesis).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back