General Descriptors for Exalted Power Sets?

Ok, so I'm working on an Exalted-hack for another system (which I don't want to name so it doesn't become a system discussion) but what I want to do is get a good feel for the types of themes each Exalt type has in their powers. Now, I haven't really decided if I'm going to make Caste/Aspects matter, so I want to stick to just general themes rather than specifics. Here's what I have so far, please offer more suggestions and criticism for what I have already is welcome too.

• Solars: heroic, epic, just doing stuff better, sun/light, leadership,
    Lunars: shapeshifting, hunting, natural attacks, animal aspects, illusions (minor)
    Terrestrials/Dragon-bloods: elemental (air, earth, fire, water, wood), teamwork, martial/war
    Sidereals: fate, manipulation, control, martial arts, stealth,
    Alchemicals: built-in devices, similar themes to the others, just done with techo-style
    Abyssals: necromantic, blood, death, entropy, darkness
    Infernals: manipulation, destruction,
    Fair Folk: illusions (big & small),

Lunars have a natural resistance to being physically shaped against their will.

Alchemicals are not afflicted by the Great Curse, and there is not a set number of them.

What you may want to focus on is the respective weaknesses as well. This can define a character moreso than their strengths. Some of these weaknesses are derived from "holes" in their original charm trees.

Solar: Their Pride often brings their own downfall. They have a hard time doing anything subtly, unless specifically specced into it.

Lunars: Being mind controlled (try to find a good White-Wolf Lunar mental defense >:( ). Animalistic "tell".

Sidereals: Weakness to shaping attacks. Lack of trust between other Sidereals. Constantly Paranoid.

Terrestrials: Being separated from their group. Overestimating own abilities.

Abyssals: Being a creature of darkness, unable to grow/renew naturally.

Infernals: Greed, willingness to sacrifice for power. Ultimate seed of cowardice (necessary for exaltation)

Alchemicals: As they grow in Essence, they physically get bigger until they become cities. As they gain power, they also become more cold and calculating, distancing them from humans.

Fair Folk: Vulnerable to order and Cold Iron.

Oh, there's also the other "like-Exalts" that you may want to think of: Dragon Lords, Mountain Folk (Jadeborn), and Ghosts/Spirits. Might be interesting to look into making them more relevant in your system hack.

Edited for grammar/cohesion of words.

I disagree with your statement that Alchemicals have the same themes as the other Exalts, and present my own take (these are in addition to those you've already stated).

Solars: Rulership, Perfection, Angels

Lunars: the Otherworldly, Other Worlds, Impossibility, Witchcraft, Terror, Protection, Love

Terrestrials: Duty, Obedience, Honor, Elemental trickery, Sacrifice

Sidereals: Planning, Advising, Teaching, Structure

Alchemicals: Technology, Service, Law, Fanaticism, Protection, Teamwork, Working with mortals, Dependence, Corruption

Abyssals: Murder, Destruction, Dark rulership

Infernals: Evolution, Transformation, Individual Yozi themes (Manipulation and Destruction properly belong in Cecelyne/Ebon Dragon and Malfeas, respectively)

Malfeas: Destruction, Pain, Hatred, Radiation, Unstable Power, Rulership

Cecelyne: Manipulation, Law, Summoning, Depression, Desolation, Deserts

She Who Lives In Her Name: Structure, Logic, Curiosity, Psychic Powers, Creation

Adorjan: Constant motion, Letting go, Love, Murder, Silence

Ebon Dragon: Manipulation, Corruption, Opposition, Selfishness, Darkness

Kimbery: Love, Hate, Motherhood, Acid, the Sea, Worship, Birth

Fair Folk: Hypnosis, Stories, Attachment, Creation, Fake Perfection, Make-Believe, Emptiness

You guys are way way off.

Solars: Oranges

Lunars: Apples

Sidereals: Star-fruit

Terrestrials: various berries

Alchemicals: various melons

Infernals: peppers

Abyssals: pomegranates (for those who are classically educated)

You guys are way way off.
Solars: Oranges

Lunars: Apples

Sidereals: Star-fruit

Terrestrials: various berries

Alchemicals: various melons

Infernals: peppers

Abyssals: pomegranates (for those who are classically educated)
I would think Solars would be Apples and Lunars Oranges. How dare you mix this up > :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back