Game Openers.

Inner Power

One Thousand Club
Possible spoilers so watch at your own risk.

You know those scenes at the start of game that make you excited to play? Some may have them while others don't. If you enjoy watching game openings, post up your top three.

And uh...warning for violence?

Here are mine.

This is less of my favorite openings and more just the ones that've stood out to me out of all of them, but here you go anyway XD

I'm terrible at picking favorites but the Chrono Cross intro is definitely my number 1. Here's a couple other intros that came to mind... NSFW language warning for the Nier video. It makes a very strong first impression! As for Suikoden IV, I love the song there and the scenes that show the ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is less of my favorite openings and more just the ones that've stood out to me out of all of them, but here you go anyway XD

Holy Hell. The FFCC opening is still stunning. I loved that game as a kid and it's still fun today. Also, nice signature. ;)

Openings that captivated me:

Stunningly beautiful. Beautiful game as well.

Another beautiful opening.

Oh and this one. Full of hype.

That sucks because it's such a great game xD

My first character was the Yuke, but I loved the Selkie a lot more and ended up switching. ;)

I've only ever played Selkie and Clavat, since they're the most Human-looking XD

I've even imported some of my Selkie characters into RPs in the past  :smile9:

The one that popped into my head immediately after seeing this topic.

Warning for violence

And the other two:

Warning for violence, language and scenes of a sexual nature

Warning for violence

> no Welcome to Rapture posts

Come on guys, get real.

(I'd post the whole thing, but here, just take the part that matters).

Can we talk about the violins for a second? I still get chills from this score.

I too really enjoyed the WItcher 3 opening (as mentioned above).

The game itself is amazing (but very buggy and poorly optimised)

Well bit of a cheat but every Pokémon intro.

Just there's that jingle and title screen theme that while each game has it's own sequence they all use those same themes.

Snaaaaakkee Eateeerrrr

Best James Bond opening not in a James Bond movie. Swing by OHN on twitch for an MGS3 play through sometime for the chat singalong.

Last one's special.

The OG this opening was the first I saw (except in Europe we had the blue swirl) and it was frikkin awesome, none of that DX noise needed and the logo looks way better.

The Dark souls 3 Opening Cinematic just seems absolutely badass and amazing to me personally.

Most certainly made me want to play it immediately. 

Okay, this isn't the actual opening, but it is near the start of the game...and it's pretty cool.

This classic.  : 3

Part of the reason Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games.

Best opening: FFXV, no question. Yes, you're the Crown Prince... but you still have to get out and push!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back