Fragments of Humanity

Riddle78

Four Thousand Club
Crew Roster

After Action Report

In what is now known as the Ancient Times,a Cataclysm had befallen the Earth. The surface shattered,and the fragments were cast away from the core with the explosive force of the Cataclysm and the Earth's own rotation. The seas fell into the core,and were vaporized. Humanity,numbering in the billions,were culled to just over three quarters of a million in an instant. In a flash,our empire of brothers and sisters,our very existence,was snuffed out by a cosmic wave of the hand. Overnight,humanity tumbled down from advanced society to the days of the neanderthal.

Somehow,the remains of Earth were still habitable. Gravity was untouched. Climate unchanged. They could still breathe. And the core,despite being left bare,was intact.

That was over three hundred years ago. Since then,humanity had regained a fraction of it's glory,but not it's numbers. Farmland was at a premium,water was the new oil. A new world order has sprung up from humanity's ashes,and rallied them,unified them. They called themselves The Grace. And The Grace united humanity,guaranteed their future. Gave them purpose. Protected their existence. Advanced their technology. But,in these times,where almost all of Earth's water tumbled into the molten core,strict sanctions were needed.

The Grace had total control of what remained of the Earth's water. They enforced strict rations. People were angry. Water was life,they reasoned. Why restrict it? The Grace's answer was simple. Water was finite. But people still fought.

And The Grace fought back. They were humanity's salvation. They fought with mechanical drones,called Brigadiers. Fighters,bombers,and transports. And,most terrifyingly,Solars. Humans who could harness the energies of the Sun and core,and direct it's energies. Over the years,rebel factions rose,only to be swiftly and brutally crushed under The Grace's heel. Dissenters were captured,and carted off to the mobile prison fortress of Kharzem. Over the years,children disappeared. Children who bore The Mark.

The Mark was a birthmark,hideous and disfiguring. It takes the form of disgustingly bubbled and reddened flesh,plunging down from the hairline,sweeping out under the eyes,and down the jaw from under the ears. Those with The Mark are universally Solars,and are absconded with by The Grace,conscripted into their elite Solar Corps.

And now comes today. The Grace have all but crushed all resistance. Except us. We're the one that got away,time and again. We have numbers,we have resources. We are the Sphere.

That's my idea. If you want in,post as such here. If I get enough interest,this'll happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your definition of "Large group"? I'll endeavor to keep our players under ten,as too many players would mean people will drown in the tide of posts,we won't get anywhere fast,and I'll lack control over the RP,it's players,and the direction it takes.

So,less than ten players will be in play at any given moment. I don't do one-on-ones.

10 is a large group, but a very manageable group I think. I suppose "large group" means over 2. xD

I might be interested then. I haven't done many group RPs. But this sounds really intriguing.

I would say so. ^^

Oh. Okay, so everyone else here is a big fancy title person, am I okay to be here? .-. I'm such a noob here still. I know how to write (RP with plenty of friends) but I feel so out of place here. .~.

All you need is a firm enough grasp of the English language to post straight. And the patience to post a decent sized (One paragraph minimum) post. People need something to post off of.

This post is irrelevant. Just testing something.

[NOPARSE]

This is a test of the noparse tag.

[/noparse]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back