Four questions about martial arts

Burpcycle

1. Can mortals make combos out of MA charms?

2. Can Exalts make combos out of MA charms and regular charms? If so, what ability is rolled?

3. If I use throwing knives and know Night Breeze Style, but my Thrown is higher than my MA, can I use Leaf on the Breeze Rhythm (lets you reestablish surprise even when there's no cover) and Night Breeze Form (+MA to stealth) while using Thrown and not MA for my attacks, and using regular Thrown charms, simply to take advantage of their stealth bonuses?

4. Is Katabatic Leap Defense (SotM) actually better than Leaping Dodge Method (standard Solar charm)?

I have a thrown-based Night Caste, and I'm considering taking some MA to take advatange of Night Breeze Style, which meshes with my stealth theme.

1. Nope.

2. Yes. The restrictions on how Combos are built will prevent you from being in a situation where you have to ask "is this an attack with Melee or Martial Arts?" You can't apply supplemental Martial Arts Charms to Melee attacks, you can't apply supplemental Melee Charms to Martial Arts attacks, etc.

3. Yes.

4. In certain very important ways, yes. This is because it is not well-written.

Might bear a little clarification on regular/MA combos- the standard rules apply, as Plague said, so it's pretty much just reflexives you can mix in. Some types of Exalt have slightly different rules, too, particularly Alchemicals, but that shouldn't be a problem here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back