• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fire Emblem Dawnward Song - OOC/Rules & Mechanics (Closed)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

RedArmyShogun

Runs with Axes
Roleplay Type(s)
1722289831525.png

This is the general OOC and rules/mechanics section for the RP, generally the OOC will be kept on Discord, but this will be an alternative way of keeping contact and to announce additional signups if needed. But here and in the Interest check, this also may be used for questions and the like by those not currently in the RP. All RPN rules apply.

This is the general OOC and rules/mechanics section for the RP, generally the OOC will be kept on Discord, but this will be an alternative way of keeping contact and to announce additional signups if needed. But here and in the Interest check, this also may be used for questions and the like by those not currently in the RP. All RPN rules apply.

Rules

-Players are limited to one sheet for now given player numbers with possible exceptions.

- All posts are expected to be 2 paragraphs or more, you don't have to write a novel, but at least put something there.
Ideally all posts should be made within a week's time, if you can do more that's a bonus, but not required. Typically this can be from your own last post date, but at times may be within a week of a plot sensitive post by the GM (just me for now).

- While romance is fine, fade to black and keep it PG. This is a general rule on RPN, but as of late it seems to be a rule some people don't read.

- The rule of Two (and four). While it would be nice to be a Sith Lord, there are players who may be faster than others or they are doing a reply in an enclosed group, or something that is a back and forth, I ask in such highspeed times that you not post till 1, two other posts have been made, or two, four days have passed. Do not turn the RP into a 1 on 1 please.

- Exception - Should you have real life problems, such as sickness, legal troubles, etc, then yes, those should be taken care of before any RP. However, inform us of them if you can. Communication is key, we are not mind readers. Should your absence be longer than three weeks your PC will be retired till you can return. If it is for an extended period of time, say a month or so, your spot will be opened for others to replace you.

- This is a violence-based RP in accordance with new tagging rules, however, let's not get too graphic, which is an RPN rule anyways so eh. While I have no plans for OMEGA GORE! You know what you signed up for. Middle Ages-ish Fantasy RP with crazy happenings half game. And Deaths, of just the enemies hopefully.

- All RPN Rules apply.
The Staff reserves the right to change and add to these rules and will inform you of such in advance.

~~~~

Mechanics

Important ones to know that will come up in the RP are pretty simple, as there isn't much we can carry over from the games to here.

- The Weapon Triangle. In general, I won't be too hard on this minus against a boss or elite enemies, but the default weapon triangle is like so;
  • Swords > Axes
  • Axes > Lances
  • Lances > Swords
In later Additions it was expanded to be akin to this.
  • Swords/Katana, Tomes/Scrolls > Axes/Clubs, Bows/Yumi
  • Axes/Clubs, Bows/Yumi > Lances/Naginata, Daggers/Shuriken
  • Lances/Naginata, Daggers/Shuriken > Swords/Katana, Tomes/Scrolls
However, our full chart shall be;
  • Swords (throwing knives, daggers, shuriken, sickle weapons will fall under swords.)
  • Axes (War axes of all sorts not a polearm, hammers and mace type weapons will all fall under this)
  • Lances (Polearms, spears, lances, naginata, Staffs not using spells will all fall under Lances)
Magic and Bows of all sorts will fall under this system:

Bows, Neutral to all weapon types, critically more effective against flying enemies.
Tomes and Staffs and the use of spells, copying the old system there are two trees the player only needs to know;

First, and 2nd;

Trinity of Magic
  • Anima > Light
  • Light > Dark
  • Dark > Anima
Anima Triangle
  • Wind > Thunder
  • Thunder > Fire
  • Fire > Wind

Spells in general are neutral but possess special effects or AOE capabilities.
In addition, shields can in flavor text be included or attacked with, it will copy the part of the triangle that your main weapon is part of.

Health pools: Generally, I'm not a fan of HP pools, so much as an action RPG approach, enemies will be grouped up, generally outnumber the players but will be weak. Elite enemies will be strong enough that you want to attack them according to the triangle. Bosses on the other hand will be able to take enormous damage and need coordinated efforts to defeat. As I said, more of an action jrpg approach, moves under skills can be more complex and should focus on that rather than "stat boosting" as I also don't plan to have those. We'll revise the system if there is a need.

ITEMS
In General, items will come from the games/creations of my mind and are more of flavor text items to justify being healed, having a meal, some free event/camping/base/city visiting shenanigans. While I will provide a full list via the ooc, the only items of note atm are Vulnerary, Antitoxin, Laguz Stone (Laguz characters only), Stamina Drink, Provisions and herbs matter. Keep the numbers reasonable, such as 2-3 Vulnerary, rather than 12. You can also make up things such as a surgical kit or first aid kit, though be aware at times you will be hit and harmed in combat, consumables deplete but can be restocked by checking bodies, buying them or at the end of a mission. Eventually better items will become available. Please keep track of these in play, I likely won't unless it becomes an issue.

In addition things that make use of manatech/mana stones, such as torches, or a "self-filling" canteen and other miscellaneous items can be used. This will be covered in more detail in the Lore Section, on what is Manatech, Mana Stones, and how they work.

Laguz and Laguz Transformations;

Honestly most of what in the wiki works, talk to me before making a Dragon if that is your plan Laguz

To note however, a Laguz must have a stone with them for transformations in this setting and it should be treated as being good for a given mission, unless it is a long one. Later on, the player can get Laguz Gems which allow for indefinite and immediate transformation. These Stones and Gems will be needed regardless of the player evolution. Manakete can transform without a stone into a fearsome Dragon but for now will not be open to players given how powerful they can or should be. Other types of animals will be open to a Laguz player within reason. Just run it by me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back