FHAUX - Comic Creation RP.

Kit Wistful

Hello, it's your friendly neighborhood Kit Wistful, designation useless! I have an absolutely scrumptious idea for an RP, one that I hope will be... mutually beneficial, perhaps?

Before I actually go on to explain the RP, I'll have to tell you a bit about myself. I am Kit Wistful and if I have a passion (other than lesbians), it is most probably comics. Comics being an umbrella term, of course. I love comics. I love reading them. I spend like a third of my awake life either thinking, making, or reading comics. Paid to make my own comics? Yes, that does sound like a dream to me.

So, I wanna get into the comic making business, but the ideas I'm fostering...well, I'm lazy, and they sure need developing. So while I'm working on that, I figure: I need some practice in actually DRAWING comics.

This is where I turn to you, RP Nationers! I need some EXERCISE concerning the art and deadline sort of thing, and while I don't exactly have the talent to work for a writer quite yet, I would be perfectly willing to participate in an informal sort of comic making!

So, here's the plan: We're going to organize an RP, you and I. We'll call it...Fhaux, after lovely miss Fhaux. Why? because I said so, dammit!

As the RP progresses, I will make comic pages based on the events so far, and post them in a separate thread. Because, you see, you folks will serve as writers - for me! And I'll be your artist. Sound good? I sure hope so.

Here's how it's gonna work: Fhaux is going to be an improvisational roleplay. We'll establish a general setting in this thread, but other than that, we should enter with NO CLUE AS TO WHAT WE ARE DOING. Of course, I can establish a few mechanics here...

Firstly, although I recommend you keep regular RP format for the most part, you are my writers and you may ask that certain elements be presented in a certain way. So, if you're character's having a mental breakdown, and you want me to get all artsy about it, tell me! Just post a little OOC comment somewhere in your post and I will do my darnedest to conform to your wishes. But if you think that you absolutely have to describe in detail what your character does, you're wrong. For the most part RP as normal, I'm pretty confident in my abilities to translate your actions over! Or, if I'm not, that's something I can get practice out of, right?

Secondly, like I said, we're going to be winging it for the most part. However, to keep things nice and spicy, I am going to give you a SUPER SPECIAL POWER. It is called....God Event! If you do not have a character involved in a particular "scene", then you may use this ability to your heart's content.

Basically, you can interrupt a boring scene by making something HAPPEN. This could be anything: A duck could fall out of the sky, bandits could come out of nowhere and @$&% things up, or an earthquake could spontaneously occur! A good note on this: Bunnying (Controlling the characters of other folks) is still not allowed, and while you are allowed to throw a punch, it's still up to the character to react.

To make a God Event happen, just post in the RP declaring what happens and choose a character to react to the event. However, the characters involved reserve the right to veto God Event, so if you are spoiling what actually is a fun bit of banter, the characters are in no way obligated to respond.

Lastly, for the most part, my involvement with the RP itself will be minimal. However, I will moderate the thing, and if I feel that a character is dodging too many bullets, for example, I'll drop a hint or two. Also, I might be forced to edit dialogue or the flow of an event in the comic itself so that the comic makes sense. I will STRIVE to keep the integrity of your story, though! I'm not the one making decisions around here, and control of the story is strictly your own. I ain't got no choice in the matter xD

So! If you're interested, please throw out a suggestion for setting here! Interested in a medieval RP? Or maybe something set in space? Tell me, and we'll make a good consensus out of it. Keep it vague and simple, we don't want an outline of races, just an idea of where we're going to be doing this - just for the sake of an RP where ANYTHING could happen!. Please note that I don't want any RPs directly adapted from TV shows or movies or books, although you're free to suggest something "like" a certain TV show.

i.e., I don't want to do a Harry Potter RP, but if you want to have an RP that's something LIKE Harry Potter, we'll talk it out until it's (relatively) our own.

I'll post the RP thread/Character Sheets when I feel that this thread is no longer going anywhere, lol.

My deviantart is: Here

NOW, GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS! (And ideas for settings.)

Uh, cause you told me too.Knights(Yes like knights in shining armor ) on mars.

and a random one i just came with sticking with the space theme though

A self sustaining planet inside a 'bubble' of air that just seems to float about the universe ?

Better than you think it sounds, I think xD

Anyone else have any thoughts? New ideas? Comments on the ones so far? (Just esme's right now, lol.)

I wanted to create a new small rp but since you're offering to collab and " draw the rp " I figured I might aswell post it here.

The rp I had in mind was about a small mercenary taskforce that starts in, let's say Brazil, they have been deployed there to assassinate a druglord by means of a laser-guided airstrike but due to children on the druglord's base they want to call off the airstrike, their mysterious boss declines so they disable the laserguide but it's too late. Soooo, they enter the base by force and rescue the children off the site before it's too late.

Now the fun starts, they guide the children to the rendez-vous point for pick-up by helicopter but because of the large ammount of children they have to choose: either the children or the taskforce gets aboard.

( The rest of the plot involves playerbased decisions that alter the plotline I have in mind so I'll stop here. )

Does this seem at all fun to rp/draw ?

PS: The taskforce would consist of specialized people, so no ramboclones that do it all themselves. Teamwork is encouraged and sometimes required.

Edit: The start of the RP is heavily based on a movie but once we get past the helicopterscene it'll all be selfmade.

Anyone read any Negima!?

I like the idea of a school setting, where the entire class is made up of absolutely random characters, like a ninja, a robot, an alien, e.c.t.

Of course, it'd be cooler if it were co-ed, unlike Negima, since it's supposed to be an RP.

But I do like Ibiki's idea.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back