Music Favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

JustAnotherSomebody

There are some really amazing video game sound tracks out there. I'll start off with some of my favorites.

Kingdom Hearts, in my opinion, has the best soundtrack of any video game out there. Here is my favorite, though it was hard to choose: [media]

[/media]
Shadow of the Colossus was also an amazing game, with amazing music to match: [media]

[/media]
And a lesser known game, To The Moon, has one of the most beautiful piano pieces I've ever heard: [media]

[/media]

Well,well... Game soundtracks? I have quite a collection of favourite game tunes.

-Bloodborne. New game,and I don't even own it,or the console to play it. However,I found the music,and I LOVE it. Chief example goes to Father Gascoigne's boss theme.

[media]

[/media]
-Dark Souls. Love this game to death. The music only really plays during boss fights,but they're all awesome. Like... The Great Lord of Sunlight and Cinder,Gwyn.

[media]

[/media]
-Dark Souls II. Hey,it's a different game! While I find that DSII's music isn't as good as DSI's,it has some exceptions... Like the music for your bout with the Burnt Ivory King,in the heart of the Old Chaos.

[media]

[/media]
-Total Annihilation. "What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines has escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The CORE and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. The two sides,now crippled beyond repair,the remnants of their armies continue to battle across ravaged planets,their hatred fuelled by over four thousand years of total war. This is a fight to the death. For each side,the only acceptable outcome is the complete elimination of the other."

And that's the opening narration. Set to this tune;

[media]

[/media]
-The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. A timeless classic,and the music makes getting lost in Molag Amur fun.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWuNf4gxwuM[/media]

How's that for a list?

That's quite a collection ( :P ) Sadly, I've never played those games though I've heard they're very good. My favorite song from your list would have to be the Elder Scrolls song. It has a very lyrical and smooth sound, which I just love.

MORROWIND <3333

I mean, oh hey, cool, Morrowind's on your list.

Gotta say; I like the soundtracks of Skyrim, Oblivion and ESO as well (I don't play the last one, but shhh).

Another favorite of mine is from a game series I also still have to play and that would be Mass Effect. That music man ;___;

I'm still hooked on the soundtrack to Assassin's Creed II. Very much hooked. <3

As far as nostalgia goes, Morrowind ftw! But as of right now, "the world ends with you" soundtrack is my favorite.

I do not regret saying this, one of my favorite video game sound tracks ever has to be Pokemon Explorers of Sky.

It's so underrated due to the fact that it's a pokemon game! The soundtrack is just so fitting for everything, a mix between excitment and mystery! Danger and emotions! Ah, it's just amazing. Adding with the gameplay and such it's just a beautiful game over all. Forget the shows and the 'normal ' games (and the newest pokemon mystery dungeon game). This games soundtrack and game play is just so....dhdjjwjrhrnd ♡♡♡♡

[media]

[/media]
Assassins Creed is amazing too I must add. And kingdom hearts! That music is gorgeous!

There are indeed soooo many good game soundtracks.

Speaking in general, RPGs do have the upper hand when it comes to good music, mostly because of the epic/orchestral parts.

So as a few others already suggested: The Souls Series, in any case.

Also, Skyrim, or the Elder Scrolls games in general. I mean, c'mon, Dragonborn? Jeremy Soule is a goddamn genius.

Others that also come to mind are Bioware Games, especially Mass Effect (2 / 3).

@Ismalthea, good choice with AC2! :D

If you're into something more 'folk' you might want to listen to something like Monster Hunter or Stronghold. (the very first game)

Final Fantasy also has a few very good ones. My favorites at this moment are 'Serah's Theme' (XIII) and the Shiva Song (XIV).

I could go on and on, but let's just leave it at that for now.

I like the music from the Dragon Age series a lot. And from Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Also, I heard the soundtrack of Ori and the Blind Forest. It's beautiful, I think, but I haven't played the game behind it.

Quake 2 for its pumping techno rock. Oh, and Iji for the same reason. It really gets you worked up.

Check it:

[media]

[/media]

I also love Roxas' theme from Kingdom Hearts 2.

I love Kingdom Hearts' and Final Fantasy's piano collections.

I also like

(although I haven't played the game and only heard of this one).

Polaris said:
I also like

(although I haven't played the game and only heard of this one).
My absolute favorite thing about Platinum Games is that they really understand how much music adds to an experience. Pick any title they've worked on and it's packed to the brim with gems.

Find You from Anarchy Reigns is probably my favorite final boss song. Good stuff.

I have to say that Red Dead Redemption has one of the best video game soundtracks out there.

The Mass Effect series, and especially the third is amazing. With "leaving earth" as the absolute best, the most emotional song of the entire series. Made by THE Clint Mansell himself.

[media]

[/media]

This is gonna sounds silly, but I'm totally in love with the Animal Crossing: New Leaf soundtrack. It's the perfect music for doing anything to. Like, literally, anything. And if you're havin' a bad day, just listen to some KK songs. It's great.

I have to say that my most favorite videogame soundtrack to date, or at least my most favorite pokemon game soundtrack is Pokemon Colosseum. One of the best pokemon games ever made on the console in my opinion. =]

[media]

[/media]
My favorite piece out of the OST is the Cipher's Syndicate Theme. So much groove~

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Yea, it's virtually all made by other artists but still.

Oh man, how did I miss this.

My current favorite OST right now is Atelier Shallie. I was entranced by the opening, then got teary eyed upon first hearing the solemn piano solo that plays on the main menu. Talk about a great way to get a player excited and immersed well before the game even began.

I would actually say that my favourite soundtrack from a game is from "Hero of Many." The game was one quarter gameplay and three quarters ambience, and I remembering being stunned by the soundtrack while playing. Especially since no one spoke in that game.

For example:

[media]
[/media]
And

[media]

[/media]

I feel like I should also mention Journey and its incredible soundtrack.

[media]
[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the Bioshock soundtrack. It sounds so vintage, extremely chilling (even with its more 'upbeat' melodies), and definitely gets you into the mood of the game. My favorite is Welcome To Rapture.

[media]

[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back