Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben's Shirt

• Forgotten Flame's Chainsaw Katars

• The Most Radiant and Auspicious Zapinator 2000

• Total voters
They're the first letters of the syllables. It's a logical selection, though it's still a difficult abbreviation to read without total understanding of the context, I suppose.

Parto f the reason it's confusing is because, around here, DK is used to refer to Dragon Kings.

magnificentmomo said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:
*snip*
given the obvious superiority of a GGM over anything else, including a regular DK.

*snip*
Fixed that for you.
You are joking, right?

Sure, it has a higher base damage (by all of four die), but it's less accurate, it deals Bashing instead of Lethal, and actively imposes a penalty to defending oneself while wielding it. Any armor hard enough to soak 12L is also probably going to soak 16B, leaving you right back where you started; Permenant Essence or 4, whichever is greater. The damage will still only be Bashing, though, which will be problematic if for some reason you are compelled to engage your target in a hit-and-run dance over the course of several days. It has a higher strength minimum too, and, most importantly, it's severely lacking in the coolness factor over a GDK.

I cannot agree with your assessment, and I am unanimious in that.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Sure, it has a higher base damage (by all of four die), but it's less accurate, it deals Bashing instead of Lethal, and actively imposes a penalty to defending oneself while wielding it. Any armor hard enough to soak 12L is also probably going to soak 16B, leaving you right back where you started; Permenant Essence or 4, whichever is greater. The damage will still only be Bashing, though, which will be problematic if for some reason you are compelled to engage your target in a hit-and-run dance over the course of several days. It has a higher strength minimum too, and, most importantly, it's severely lacking in the coolness factor over a GDK.
I cannot agree with your assessment, and I am unanimious in that.
1. Grand Goremauls do Lethal damage because they're so damn big. And they have an Overwhelming of 5, not 4. Their accuracy is equal to the Grand Daiklaive's. The only sticking point would be Rate, but there isn't an Exalt type out there that can't overcome Rate somehow. Since 90% of your argument is based around them doing Bashing damage, I could probably leave it at that, but...

2. They are also very cool. Earth Immaculates use White Jade Tetsubos, which are GGMs. That alone is a pretty cool look. But even ignoring that, having a giant hammer is pretty awesome. Not to mention it can sometimes have comic value. Big hammers are funny and scary at the same time. It's nice.

Grand goremauls are pretty awesome, doubly so in tetsubo form

shadowdragon, you need more than one person to be unanimous

perhaps you meant unerring? anyhoo

Not saying that there isn't myriad uses for a giant sword, but aside from the other points a big hammer has other obvious uses beyond combat. I just pictured someone driving a Vajra through someone with a GGM John Henry style.

I once had a mine worker from a mine/foundry town who Exalted and wielded the towns iconic red jade GGM.

Also yay thread hijack.

No.. I'm the one who needs the dictionary -- to interpret your posts. ;)

ShadowDragon8685 said:
I don't need an English dictionary, you guys all need to find some episodes of "Are you Being Served?" to watch. It was a joke. :P
I can not agree with your assessment. I am unanimous in that.

magnificentmomo said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:
I don't need an English dictionary, you guys all need to find some episodes of "Are you Being Served?" to watch. It was a joke. :P
I can not agree with your assessment. I am unanimous in that.
No, there's no peroid, you have to use it as "And I am unanimious in that!"

:P

No, people keep misspelling it.

It's 'Wat'.

But only his friends get to call him that.

Everyone else just calls him Wally.

Flagg said:
Well, if you're going to randomly select letters from the middle of a word to make an acronym, why not make it GDI? Or RAE?
In the context of Grand Daiklaive, "Dai" is used like a prefix meaning "great" or somesuch. Katana is a sword, and daikatana is a great sword. With things like Switchklaives and Daikalbars and whatnot, GDK is a reasonable abbreviation for Grand Daiklaive, I'd say. It's not unusual in English to abbreviate words by morphemes instead of whole words.

It's a silly convention, though. Couldn't they have just come up with a new word instead of stealing from Japanese? >_>

See.

Now I know you don't know him.

Though the asking part sort of showed it for SD.

But I at least thought you had met him, Kamina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back