Fanmaking Character Sheets

Skari-dono

So, being unemployed for a while got me started to learn how to use various programs, notably Adobe programs. This came to be due to extreme boredom, and soon I started doing character sheets for my L5R game, then WoD, and I have now moved on to working on Exalted sheets.

I have finished the sheet for Solars, which can be found here. I am still working on sheets for all the different Exalted types, as well as Fair Folks, but it seems I have gotten a bit ahead of my actual knowledge of the different Exalted types.

To be honest, I haven't read any of the Exalted books in a while, and some of them I haven't read at all.

I am wondering; what would you recommend that I'd include on the other character sheets? I have already made an Astrology sheet for Sidereal and War Form sheet for Lunar (although both could probably use some work), but I would appreciate any pointers. For that matter, what should I read (or re-read) up on before I work on the different sheets?

Finally, I would appreciate any criticism on my Solar sheet. What do you think I should add? What should I remove? Anything could be helpful.

Personally I think you have a bit too much stuff on the Solar sheet. 6 pages is a bit long, and making separate sections for familiars, mentors, and manses is nice, but if you don't have them then that is wasted space.

If you can figure out how to make the pages editable that would be nice. If I am going to use a PDF, then I only want to fill it out once and then save it.

Some things you are missing is an experience tracking page were you can record experience and what it was spent on.

For the Charm page, perhaps a line for the book and page number it is from?

You need to check out the errata for the Overdrive essence pool that was added, so you will need space for that, or make 2 versions for people that use the errata and for ones that don't.

Added some room for page references (and book, if you write small enough). Also made a smaller version with 4 pages. I'll look into it and see if I can make an even smaller version (2 pages is the goal) but I have to see what I feel I can remove from the sheet and what I need to keep.

I will make a seperate version that will include Overdrive (in all sizes) and other optional stuffs. As for making room for detailed XP log, I think I'll just make a seperate sheet for that instead of trying to force it onto the sheet I already have.

EDIT: Also, any other criticism would be appreciated.

EDIT2: Also added my Dragon-Blooded sheets, 6- and 4-pages versions.

Okay, so I looked over the 4 pager and 6 pager for solars. The first page looked well crafted, as did the charm and combat pages. The last page of page 4 seems a little haphazard, but the six pager covers it well enough. Though I do think the space for Manses is a bit large (6 Hearthstones for one guy is a lot). I would also add a small line to each artifact for their commitment cost (so you can total them for the spot on the 1st page easier).

For the Dragon-Blooded specifically, you can leave out a space for their virtue flaw (they don't get them, they limit break at whatever virtue caused it at the time). I would also actually leave in a couple of -0 health levels for them, as I think there is a charm of theirs that gives a temporary -0 health level (War charm I believe, but maybe Resistance). Also some restructuring of the "Social Combat" page for Dragon-Bloods would be smart, as the regular types use Family and Connections instead of Influence and Contacts and the like. Connections also need a bit of explanation space if put in. Also of vital importance to a Dragon-Blood and perfect in the organization of the sheets, change the spot for Command (Cult on Solar version) to Breeding, and it fits with the Essence listings in them perfectly.

Speaking of health levels, for the eventual Lunars and Abyssals, make sure to have lots of space for the Dying levels of Lunars (they get extras) and lots of Incapacitated levels for Abyssals (thanks to their Torpor Technique charm). Finally, for the eventual Lunars, make sure the boxes to show Favored/Caste Attributes are distinct enough not to be confused with the +5 boxes. Especially since Lunars are the most likely to use the +5 boxes on Attributes fastest of any Exalt out there.

Overall, I prefer the 6 page to 4 page versions, but more info is always better. Hope this all helps.

Thanks for the comment. Apparently I needed to have a closer look at the Dragon-Blooded (I looked over the other Exalted properly, though, I think). I added the Backgrounds like you suggested, but the Virtue Flaw section is still there. I will replace it when I can think of something clever to replace it with.

I've also added the Lunar, Sidereal and Abyssal sheets. Let me know if either the Lunar or Abyssal sheets don't have enough Health levels for ya :wink:

Also, I would like some feedback for the Astrology sheet for Sidereal, and the War Form sheet for the Lunar. I have never used a Sidereal before, so I am not so sure how it came out.

I have now added sheets for Alchemical Exalted and the Green Sun Princes. The Alchemicals have damn complex Charm mechanics, so I added another sheet for their Charms.

Feel free to comment.

Fixed the GSP sheets, replaced Necromancy with Infernal Sorcery and added Kimbery.

Also, have finished two Mortal sheets: one for the average Joe that we all enjoy playing, and one for Heroic Mortals. I also finished a character sheet for Heroic Ghosts, for those who enjoy the unliving.

Enjoy.

Finished the Mountain Folk and Dragon Kings character sheet. I believe that means all the character types in Exalted now have their own character sheet on my list. Let me know if there is something I'm forgetting.

EDIT: NPC sheets are also done and uploaded. One NPC per sheet though, but they're usable as PC sheets for those little, one-session games.

I personally love the expanded backgrounds, but, have seen people comment they don't. Maybe make a generic page and then expanded background pages as a seperate pdf as an optional thing?

Also, the Infernal color/border scheme doesn't do it for me for some reason. Doesn't seem corrupt enough.

I personally love the expanded backgrounds' date=' but, have seen people comment they don't. Maybe make a generic page and then expanded background pages as a seperate pdf as an optional thing?[/quote']
The problem is, if I do put all the expanded backgrounds onto a seperate sheet or two, I don't know if there's enough stuff on the original pages to fill up a whole page. I'll keep it in mind though, and I'll see if I can rearrange the whole thing so that the expanded backgrounds will be on seperate pages. At least, that way, you won't have to include them when you print.

Also' date=' the Infernal color/border scheme doesn't do it for me for some reason. Doesn't seem corrupt enough.[/quote']
I'm not sure about this, but I'll ask around. If more people agree, I will look for an alternative. What colors would you suggest would look more corrupt?

Also, I finished an Editable Combat Reference Sheet. Also available in uneditable version.

The editable combat tracker is awesome, thanks! I'll definetely use that in the future. :)

[Edit]

So, now I've used it and it did indeed come in handy.

If there is one thing I'd like to see added, it would be the ability to save the file, that way I wouldn't have to type in the PC's names every time. But, that is a rather minor thing, that is mostly because I'm quite lazy. ;)

[/Edit]

QuasiMortuus said:
So, now I've used it and it did indeed come in handy.
If there is one thing I'd like to see added, it would be the ability to save the file, that way I wouldn't have to type in the PC's names every time. But, that is a rather minor thing, that is mostly because I'm quite lazy. ;)
Honestly not very good at using Acrobat Pro yet, so there might be a feature that allows it that I just haven't found yet.

Until then, you should be able to use a program called X-Change PDF-Viewer. It was my preferred pdf reader since it allowed me to read pdf files, edit and save them, gave me previews in my windows and opened up pdf files in my browsers. And it is free. I still use it to compare pdf visuals since Acrobat still highlights the editing fields.

See if it helps. I will look for that feature in Acrobat though, and see if I can find it.

EDIT: Or more properly, it is called PDF-XChange Viewer. Should be easy to find on Google.

To make .pdf documents saveable in Adebe Reader you need to do as follows (assuming that you use Adobe X): File -> Save As -> Reader Extended PDF -> Enable Additional Features -> and then save the file under a new filename, as you won't be able to do all the Pro behind the sceen magic with a Reader Extended .pdf doc. In older versions of Adobe Reader Extended PDF was placed under Advanced of something.

[...]
Until then, you should be able to use a program called X-Change PDF-Viewer. It was my preferred pdf reader since it allowed me to read pdf files, edit and save them, gave me previews in my windows and opened up pdf files in my browsers. And it is free. I still use it to compare pdf visuals since Acrobat still highlights the editing fields.

See if it helps. I will look for that feature in Acrobat though, and see if I can find it.

EDIT: Or more properly, it is called PDF-XChange Viewer. Should be easy to find on Google.
So with this, I could save pdfs that I normally can't with Acrobat Reader, like Mr Gone's editable WoD character sheets & the combat reference? Thanks, that will be very helpful. :)

QuasiMortuus said:
[...]

So with this, I could save pdfs that I normally can't with Acrobat Reader, like Mr Gone's editable WoD character sheets & the combat reference? Thanks, that will be very helpful. :)
It worked for me and I could use it to save the CRS so it should work. They also have a premium version, but the free version is what I've got and it works well enough.

Thanks, Skafte, that helps. I'll look into it and should have a more user friendly CRS later today if it works :)

Also' date=' the Infernal color/border scheme doesn't do it for me for some reason. Doesn't seem corrupt enough.[/quote']
I'm not sure about this, but I'll ask around. If more people agree, I will look for an alternative. What colors would you suggest would look more corrupt?
Well, I should be more specific. The colors are alright, but, it seems too...clean? The green/brass blend should be more rusted and eaten away looking. Something like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back