Famous Wars

What are some famous wars that have happened in the second age? Preferably something a living person who is going to be a Solar Exalt could have been in. He doesn't have to have been Exalted in the war, I know the Solars have only been let out for the past 4 years or so...

The Tepet Legions getting trashed by the Bull of the North.

The armies of Thorns being slaughtered as the Mask of Winters moves in.

The Haltan-Linowan border wars.

Those three are the only ones that come to immediate mind, but I'm still working through my coffee.  Check the timelines in your books. You may turn up another three or four that have happened in recent years.

One war story that blends well with a Solar's history is that of the infantry of Great Forks; Of 3,000 sent, less than 100 returned from the Battle of Mishaka.

EDIT: How would the Three react to a Dawn Caste drawing his/her second breath? Would they use the young Solar as a means to finally create an army better than they once had?

~FC.

There was a nasty fight between the new Empress and a bunch of the Leigons that told her to get bent.  She then turned on the Sword of Creation and smeared them across the countryside.

Or, look back on the Fae Invasion during the Great Contagion.  That battle was Creation-wide.  Pick a spot and you had a battle there.

There have also been numerous battles between the armies of lookshy and the realm..

There's also the Bayou of Regret, south of Thorns. I can't remember from my head, but there's probably been a great battle there.

The Battle of Mishaka was part of the larger War the Confederation verses Thorns from RY 742-754.  The Mishaka battle marked the end of the War, but there were numerous skirmishes with realm dragon blooded 'advising' the thorn troops.  

Other conflicts would be picking the hundred kingdoms at war of the week as there's always some kingdom trying to take over another in that part of the world.  It could be a vicious conflict even with limited numbers.  

Harborhead and the Varang-City states are always at a low level border skirmish (think India and Pakistan).

Or pick any place at the edge of civilization and claim a small barbarian invasion or fae attack.  Small can be relative, I kingdom with a standing army of 1000 won't do much to a barbarian horde 3 times there size lead by a lunar.

Thanks, I was just curious for a player. He wanted his character to be someone who became a Solar Exalted during a war of somewhat renown. We have tenatively settled on Haltan Linowan border wars most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back