• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Family Matters

"Oh, my dear daughter..." Cyrus said, turning his attention from Esau. "I will be gone for a few days next week on business, Salem will be coming with me, so don't worry about feeding him. Oh, and has a package arrived for me yet?" the old man asked, finishing his tea and breakfast, doing mental math about shipping routes and daily traffic from Tokyo to their home, both on ground and in flight.

Yes, he supposed it should be here any day.

Brenda had been bustling around the kitchen, doing all sorts of tiny things, listening in on the conversation. She stood up, frowning a little bit at her husband. "If I had to make golden-braised ham, it would take me hours! How about some pie? Everyone loves pie, right? Pie it is then, splendid!" She clasped her hands together in a gleeful motion. "It'll be perfect, Esau dearest, I'll make sure we stop by. Will you be making those lovely margueritas again?"

When her father spoke, her smile faltered a bit. "You're leaving again? Jeez, you've barely been home this month, father! You've got to take it easy, you know, you're not 25 anymore." She shook her head lightly. She left the kitchen to gather up the parcel, she had left in the hallway. "The mail-man was here this morning, oh he told me the funniest thing about Johnny from across the street." Handing it carefully to her father, she turned to Stafford. "Where are the two other kids? They haven't been down for breakfast yet, and my gosh it's already way past noon!"

Cyrus grunted at his daughters age comment, taking the parcel from her and observing its brown paper wrapping. It was tied with twine, and the majority of the package was in Japanese, with an American UPS label slapped on the front. He set it down in front of him and eyed his daughter with a look of pretend scorn.

"I'll always be 25. In fact, I'm about to turn 25 for the third time. Its so much better the third time around, I hear."

Justine woke up to her alarm clock going off. She quickly pressed the snooze button. Ten minutes later, it went off again. And she pressed the snooze button, again. And then ten minutes later, it went off. Again, she pressed the snooze button. This cycle continued for several hours before she decided to finally get up. She sat up on the edge of her bed. She decided to let her husband stay asleep. Then she realized that it was past noon! Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap! She probably missed the waffles! She hurriedly stood up, then opened her door, running downstairs, still in her pajamas.

She reached the kitchen, then asked simply "Waffles?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back