Experiences Failed character/rp ideas?

By experiences, and while i am open to crossovers, the other verse is USUALLY a fandom with a huge popularity, usually an haven of toxicity,

I'm sticking mainly to unpopular verses, because they deserves a chance the most, and because the ambiance around them are agreable, but it's something that my future partners doesn't always understand..

I brought/traded goods for a premade character where the artist wasn't upfront and changed their TOS middle of the trade. I had an RP ready for that character but I really struggled to connect with it after reading the rather controlling terms of service. I'm sad about it but I'm never gonna use that, I still struggle to completely trash it bc I worked for it :V

I brought/traded goods for a premade character where the artist wasn't upfront and changed their TOS middle of the trade. I had an RP ready for that character but I really struggled to connect with it after reading the rather controlling terms of service. I'm sad about it but I'm never gonna use that, I still struggle to completely trash it bc I worked for it :V
Oh, what? People are putting terms of use on their characters??
How... is that even enforced?

Edit: Oh duh. Terms of service, not use lol

I thought for a sec they were trying to control how you RPed the character they drew or something.

Oh, what? People are putting terms of use on their characters??
How... is that even enforced?

Edit: Oh duh. Terms of service, not use lol

I thought for a sec they were trying to control how you RPed the character they drew or something.
Usually TOS-es are like "sold at personal use price, commercial price is higher" and general protection/legal stuff. Which I'm 100% for, but it's usually in plain sight for me to read or I'd get notified. Some artists use public blacklists who break their TOS... Like, I get making private notes not to work with that person anymore... But uh. I try not to buy from those people. So yeah, I can't trade or sell this character, only back to this artist, among other things that's invalidating my ownership. So yeah, this doesn't feel like it belongs to me. Worked 4 weeks to complete that trade too!!!
//I replied before your edit but know I could reply properly rip//

edit: BTW yes they controlled how you drew the character, I forgot to note that, wasn't planning on drawing/commission art. But now not at all!

Last edited:
Usually TOS-es are like "sold at personal use price, commercial price is higher" and general protection/legal stuff. Which I'm 100% for, but it's usually in plain sight for me to read or I'd get notified. Some artists use public blacklists who break their TOS... Like, I get making private notes not to work with that person anymore... But uh. I try not to buy from those people. So yeah, I can't trade or sell this character, only back to this artist, among other things that's invalidating my ownership. So yeah, this doesn't feel like it belongs to me. Worked 4 weeks to complete that trade too!!!
//I replied before your edit but know I could reply properly rip//
Yeahhhh gotta say I'm not a fan of it either. I feel like if you pay for it, you ought to have complete control over what you actually do with it.
Not that I'm really into trading/selling characters (I've never understood it tbh), but nonetheless, it shouldn't be the artist's business what you do with it. I mean, maybe unless you're doing something public and offensive with it, and claiming that the artist is on your side because they made it for you, lol, but that is so wildly extreme.

I had a Nation-builder called "Age of Cats" about different breeds and clans of cats taking the remains of a shattered solar system and rebuilding it into new places and planets. It was really awesome for a couple weeks, then fizzled out. I really liked the concept, and I wish I had fought for it harder.

Ooooh boy, I'm full of them. Mostly because I started RPing in high school and I was a stupid kid.
One of them was a catboy demon OC (I know, very original) who was suppose to be an "idiot who is secretly super skilled" but I was too focused on the idiot part rather than the skilled and charming part. So everyone hated them no matter what I did and I didn't understand why people didn't like him.

I've had many, some with this account and some with my other.

Plot: A stargazer makes a wish about being lonely. Soon after a 'star' comes down and land in his yard. This star was no simple rock, instead a thing. It's alive but unconscious. You take it in an care for it.

Didn't get farther then at. They didn't even reply to start it. They gave reason and left the site for a while. And aren't back.

Plot: An idea about Willy Wonka.

I gave an idea that I had haven't heard back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back