• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

F for Fantasy MxF

Hiii. I'm a fairly experienced, 20 something year old RPer. I'm a chick IRL, and just interested in writing female characters at the present (though I will write male side characters). I'm a sucker for imperfect, well-developed MxF romance, but I'm fine with general nonromantic RPs too. I usually write 2+ paragraphs per post, but quality is more important than quantity. I can reply multiple times throughout the day, some days more than others. I only RP over threads or PMs. I also have no interest in slice-of-life or modern RPs; fantasy and light sci-fi is where it's at.

RP IDEAS

1.)
A witch is hired by a crime syndicate to perform curses on their rivals, instead of hits. I'd like to play the witch. You could portray a mob boss/member, a detective involved in taking the syndicate down, a victim of her curses, or a fellow magic user who is against my witches abuse of black magic. Fun RP mixing elements of urban fantasy and crime.

2.) A post apocalyptic/fantasy AU, where faeries and the mystical Sidhe race have taken over earth, and destroyed technology out of jealousy for humans no longer believing in them. My character is a human woman, a bard, who uses music and singing to overpower faeries glamour, and protect fellow humans. I imagine this as a medieval feudal society, with faerie lords enslaving the prettiest/most artistic humans by addicting them to glamour, average humans working as peasants farming for the faerie gentry, and remnants of old forbidden technology among magical castles and a dying earth. No idea who my partner could play, but I think the setting has a lot of potential.

3.) A cyberpunk RP, where telepaths/telekinetics exist alongside the normal population. They are basically public servants (some say slaves) under an organization called 'Monarch.' Like X-men mutants, both respected, feared and misunderstood in society; 'mentals' are a slur often used against them. Once tested, drugged and having undergone rigorous training to deem their powers 'stable,' a telepath and telekinetic are paired with each other, and link their minds, in a process known as 'the bonding.' They can see into each other's minds, share thoughts and memories, even feel one another's pain or experience the same dreams, no matter how far away. While this may sound like an intimate union, telepaths are really slave drivers; controlling the telekinetics mind in order to build great statues, monuments and buildings rivaling ancient Egypt that display Monarch's influence and power. Then when the telekinetic reaches their breaking point, the telepath is responsible for emotionally manipulating the kinetic and drugging them with happiness so they don't violently rebel or go insane. Telekinetics often die young, and telepaths experience early onset dementia and pyschological breaks. I'd like to play a telekinetic girl being bonded to a telepathic guy, and exploring their twisted dynamic, perhaps they both decide to break free from Monarch and start a revolt among the other 'mentals.'

4.) A modern retelling of the Greek myth Hades and Persephone. Every generation, a reincarnation of Persephone is born on earth, in happiness with her mother Demeter. Then, the harvest of her 18th birthday, Hades comes to claim her for his Realm of the Dead. Every time Persephone returns from the Underworld, she kills her mortal form before Spring ends and Hades can draw her back to his darkness. But in order for the mortal world, and the seasons, to remain in balance, this time Hades must convince Persephone to fall in love with him and remain immortal as his Queen. I'd like to play Persephone in this, and for you to portray Hades. Only minimal knowledge of Greek mythology is necessary. I'd like to do a darker, more adult retelling of Greek myth than the Percy Jackson series.

Those are all of my ideas for now. I don't have PM access yet, so please message me if you're interested. I'd also love to hear any RP plots you may have. Happy RP hunting!

I'm interested in number 4! And though I do love Percy Jackson, I'll make this Hades up to your standards, hopefully.

I have an idea you might be interested in. I've been chewing on it for around a year now and just want to do something with it. It's sort of a blend of a steampunk/cyberpunk idea. We should talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back